Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2012

Brian US

Please use the university or visa section of this forum for any discussion on those topics. Posts about "who is going to ABC university?" or "how is the program/rank of ABC university?" do not add to the CSC discussion. All these posts will be deleted.

• Like 1

1) What is your native country? Mongolia

2) Where did you apply? Chinese embassy in Mongolia

3) When did you apply? April 2012

4) When was the deadline? April

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Undergraduate full scholarship program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1.北京大学 2.中央财经大学 3.对外经济贸易大学

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 4961

10) Where did you get your physical done? In my country

11) How did you get your documents notarized? By notarization center

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Dont know

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2012

14) How were you notified? Chinese embassy called me to come by

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted July 3 2012., but i recieved my approval letter today

16) What school and program were you accepted to? University of International Business and Economics-Economics(International Transportation and Logistics)

If I was you I'd probably pick up the phone and call relevant schools, universities, embassies etc. depending on how you applied. If you haven't heard anything yet or received hte admission package I'm afraid this is probably it. But it's always good to confirm...

• New Members

May be deemed off topic and if so apologies to BrianUS. Does anyone know if the application currently online is ok to use as a 2013 application. I wouldn't be sending it in yet, just getting a headstart.

Does anyone know if the application currently online is ok to use as a 2013 application.

Probably, but things may change, even though the sit hasn't been updated in a couple years.

This is funny. Seems like the entire process isn't over yet. This must be some sort of joke, we have August 15th today. Yesterday, I received an email from the co-ordinator of the International Master Program of Economics and Finance at Xiamen University that was sent out to all who got accepted on the program - basically a welcome letter. I cannot recall applying to Xiamen directly but I have put it on my CSC application that was sent to the Embassy in Warsaw (Poland) and obviously as my posts above I haven't heard a word about. Apparently the admission package is on it's way to my home address. I live away from home, parents on holiday so it might be sitting in the inbox right now or be still on the way. No word from the Embassy whatsoever but I didn't even try calling, just sent a few emails out and I understand if they ignored me.

I confirmed with that person from Xiamen (who apparently got in touch with admission office to confirm my situation) that I got the CSC scholarship but obviously I know nothing about it.

I already accepted the offer from Fudan Uni with Full Shanghai Government Scholarship so I'm definitely not going to take it. Got my flights sorted, visa in my passport and now am just sitting and waiting for September 1 to come. Seems like 1 scholarship will be wasted or hopefully they pass it onto another person but it looks like this is up to me to let them know. Anyone of you guys applied to Xiamen and want to try to contact them and try to swap the scholarship? I don't mind helping.

1) What is your native country? Philippines

2) Where did you apply? direct to the school

3) When did you apply? 1st quarter 2012

4) When was the deadline? April

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Masters program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Shanghai

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? no

9) What agency number did you use? none

10) Where did you get your physical done? In my country

11) How did you get your documents notarized? n/a

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? n/a

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship in June 2012.

14) How were you notified? first on the internet and then via formal post (a friend picked up the papers at the university)

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted May 2012

16) What school and program were you accepted to? School of Economics and Management Tongji University - International Masters in Enterprise Management

Can anyone conform me one more time what lab reports do I have to attach ? I'm applying for Sep '13!

Lab reports I'm gonna attach along with the application: AIDS, Syphilis, X-Ray, ECG Chart report. Do I need to attach any any other diseases reports ? I want my documents to be accurately perfect!

Also, I'm going to fill my application form though my laptop so basically I'm not gonna use ink pen (Black or blue which CSC mentions) So , Guys will my application create any prob ? Also CSC mentions we can fill our form using PC. I just want to know if anybody has done and accepted by CSC without any hurdle.

You just need an AIDS and Syphilis report, a chest X-ray report and ECG. Make sure they're also in English as well.

Form created on the CSC laihua site is fine, no need for self-filled ink-based copies. Make sure you sign the form, though, because it is only valid if it is signed (name and date).