Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2012

Brian US

Today I checked on Tsinghua application system and finally my status changed definitely. I guess all processes of almost all chinese universities are going to end soon as well. Each of us will get the admission package with scholarship information in it (probably also a notice by email) in 2-3 weeks. Maybe earlier if they send it with express mail service.

Good Afternoon to everyone!!

I am from Pakistan and I applied for the Cultural Exchange Scholarship Program and got selected for the China as a principle candidate then on 20th May I sent my online application on the China Scholarship Council portal and wrote Peking, Tsinghua and Shanghai Jiao Tong University for ther Masters Program and Now After seeing this forum, I am confused coz i didnt get any email yet and when i asked about the result from Pakistan Council so they told me it will be announced in the first week of August??......So can anyone tell me is cultural exchange scholarships are different from CSC ??

@Robbie513

I contacted Peking University.I have recieved this reply:

Dear sir/madam,

"Thank you for your interest in Peking University! You need to contact CSC to get the information you need".

So I guess no results yet...or at least they are not announcing them.

• New Members

I have a question about the scholarship .. hopefully someone here can answer. I applied to the scholarship for Chinese language study (I'm American). I put three Beijing schools as my top choices. I have since independently applied to the Chinese language program at Sun Yat-sen (Zhongshan) University in Guangzhou. If I am awarded the scholarship and also admitted to Zhongda, would it be possible for me to transfer the award to that school? I could provide letter of acceptance etc .. Anyone have any insights here?

@effeeali,

from what we've put together on these forums it seems like the final decision will be made by early July. As for the actual notification, it depends on which agency you applied through.

@ianjay

More than likely you won't be able to 'transfer' the scholarship, the actual decision to award you the scholarship is made by the school.

Hey guys a I have a quick question

I just got my scholarship for 1 year at CBLCU and 4 years at UIBE. So thats make it a total of 5 years. Can I stay in China for the whole 5 years or there are periods that I have to go back in my country?

And can we work a bit out there to get more than the 1400 ?

Thanks.

JayDee: if you're on a student visa, you shouldn't be working. saying that, you can still easily find work but it depends if you think it's worth the risk. I wouldn't if i was you, since you have a scholarship for 5 years! definitely not worth risking it.

Hi, I won´t be able to make it to China this year even though I got scholarship - does anyone know how do I cancel it so it could be forfeitet? There si no such thing as letter of intent in application package and no mention about what should I do in this situation. Thanks.

@Pavel123

I'm not sure if you could "cancel" the scholarship. It probably depends on how you did your application. More that likely you would have to forfeit the scholarship. Btw how is it that you can't make into China?

@Pavel123

You could contact the education department of the embassy where you applied, or if you have received an correspondence from the CSC already you can probably respond to someone in that office. I'm sure your kind of situation has applied to others in the past so it's likely they have an option for declining.

@ianjay I know a guy who got the language scholarship and he was accepted to a university he didn't want to go to, so he just called the university he did want to go to and they let him in I guess. It may have been more complicated than that but he def. switched schools with the language scholarship so I'm pretty sure it is possible.