Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2012

Brian US

I completely agree with Maliya. I might sound like a hypocryte since I only applied to Chengdu, Beijing and Shanghai but this is because Im not going to China to study chinese but to do my Master's and at the same time pick up some decent chinese along the way.

I think in a smaller city you may make lots and lots of true friends and it may not sound great to begin with but it may really be a fantastic experience! Im very afraid of living in city like Shanghai for example. I think its great, and ill have everything I need plus prestigious university (if my application really goes through) but Im afraid of the people...their mentality, attitude etc etc. It really is the case. I've been to some smaller and bigger cities in China and you can feel the difference!

@Chillin Killin - Only have the phone number to the MBA Education Center: 0086-28-85418578. Call them up and ask for a number to the office you need. Im sure it's also somewhere online. Good luck!

This is what you need for Sichuan Uni

Contact persons: Ms Zhou Yanmei; Ms Zhangqi Meichen

Address: International Student Office Sichuan University

No. 24, South Section One, First Ring Road, Chengdu Sichuan 610065

P.R.China

Tel: 86-28-85407199; 85401808; 85405773

Source: http://www.google88.cn/web/scu/aboutscu.asp?id=88

P.S. University website on google88.com lol outrageous!

• New Members

Hey everyone!

The final results of Jilin University are up !

http://en.jlu.edu.cn/University/subPage/currentStudents/BoardAction_getAll.aspx

Still, I have a question... Does this means that the scholarship is guaranteed ? Or there's a change of not getting the scholarship?

Good luck to everybody !

Nice! Congratulations, can see your name on the list :)

I'm not an expert here but in my opinion this is 100% unless they fu** sth up. If I was you I'd just make sure you get the package to your home address and if there's some delay you might want to give them a call now and then.

Was it your first choice? How did you apply?

1) What is your native country? U.S.

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

3) When did you apply? Early April (I was one of the late ones!!)

4) When was the deadline? April 30th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? Masters in Conference Interpretation

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Shanghai International Studies University 2. Fudan University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Shanghai International Studies University

10) Where did you get your physical done? Used my Chinese physical from enrolling for a work visa

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Got all of my documents from the university

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Have noooo ideaaaa... not necessary?

Finally, for those getting results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2012

14) How were you notified? I saw a list that said I was accepted into SISU's masters program, so I e-mailed the International Office about documentation concerning VISA's (since I need to apply for a visa ASAP, I have plans to go back July 30th). SISU e-mailed me back saying that I was accepted for CSC and all of my documents had been sent to Beijing, which will then be sent to Washington. I still have yet to confirm with Washington, but I assume this means I'm "in."

15) When were you accepted/rejected? June 29th, 2012

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Shanghai International Studies University - Masters in Conferece Interpreting

@Maliya, @diste01

Thanks a lot for the encouragement and kind words! I guess you are right of course. My main goal is improving my Chinese, so living in a smaller city may be the best opportunity for that. Plus, I assume getting an English teaching job will not be that hard.

I wish you both (and everyone) good luck, and may you also get the scholarships!

P.S. BTW Maliya, my mom is Polish too :lol:

Hey diste01, my real first name is Krystian.

I sign in to this forum to get the news and estimate my chances.

I'm currently 28, got MA in Polish studies, then BA in English, but also studying Chinese for 3 years.

Since for last 2,5 years I have been working full time, I could study only extra-murrally. But got CAE,

got HSK 2. I have been working in copy editing for almost 3 years.

What are my chances to get Chinese Government Scholarship to study for a year as a langauge student?

I wonder what are the language backgrounds of poeple who actually got scholarship. Anyone? Or maybe I'm too old for the Council?

@tamir302 Thank you for support!:)) I'm not Polish, I'm from Ukraine, but at present I study for MA degree in Poland.

@Krystian I think the level of Chinese if you're applying for the Chinese course is not important. The most people(who applied for the scholarship before), whom I know except "ni hao" and some other simple phrases couldn't speak any Chinese. (my level of Chinese wasn't very good also, but after the year I got HSK 6). So życzę Ci powodzenia i czekamy dalej....

Actually, I did study Chinese for 3 years already, as I study East Asian studies in university. I got recommended by my departemnt to the Chinese embassy, which in tuen recommended me to the CSC. So now, basically now I going to improve my skills, hopefuly be fluent in Chinese after the year in China.

Krystian- I don't think you're too old. and the fact that you already have Chinese skills will only support your case, I believe. Best of luck!

I'm not sure who's more or less eligible. I guess if you already studied Chinese you might have stronger chances but not necessarily. I think they're looking more into your personality. Who u are. R u a follower or a leader? Whats ur capability? How can china benefit from teaching u and paying for most of ur expenses? What r ur future plans? Something along these lines. At the end of the day this is not a charity. This is business with tons of cash behind and expectations for the future. This is just my opinion.

@Diste

you seem to have lots of knowledge regarding Chinee education system. Could you please give me some information regarding Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE) Dalian related to its quality of research, education and degree. Though I didnt put this university in my preference list, I got email from them informing me about their interest in enrolling me in their PhD program, that is to be taught in English. And If I agree to them, then they would forward my application to CSC. As doctorate degree is very important step in life, I want to make sure that this choice is right.

If someone else has valuable information to share, that would be really appreciatable.

Regards

Sal.

I'm really not sure sal. Do ur research, google it. I'm also not sure if choosing renmin and fudan for studying MA in economics was a good shot but I heard pretty good feedback about both and this is why I decided to apply. I also want to live in bigger cities for business connections so that it helps me with landing a better job in future.

So, finally got the final results:

1) What is your native country? Israel.

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Tel- Aviv.

3) When did you apply? Mid April 2012.

4) When was the deadline? April 15th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? One year language program. Actually, I was selected by my University and than recommended to the local Chinese Embassy, who in turn recommended me to the CSC.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Fudan University 2. Beijing University 3. Nanjing University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Israels's?

10) Where did you get your physical done? It was done by my GP. She just wrote "normal" in most of the categories, and I did a blood test for STD and an X-ray. I attached the tests to the form.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? By a notary. Actually, it was not needed, the academic transcripts were enough, as I was recommended by my University.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I wish.

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2012.

14) How were you notified? By e-mail from my embassy.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted late June 2012

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Hunan Normal University for one year language program.

Actually, I think my selection was not an ordinary one, as each couple from each University in my country has been received to one University. So I suspect the CSC didn't even look at our University preferences, and decided beforehand where each couple will go.

BTW- I got back 2 copies of my medical form and notarized diploma- it was not needed. It's nice of them to send it back.

Oh, and the on-line status didn't change- still "checking" , though I was accepted by Hunan Normal University at early May.