Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
Manuel

QuickPinyin - Type pinyin with tone marks (portable)

Lzmpinyin

那你试试看吧,n1对应的字符能不能打出来, 我刚刚没成功。

You have a go and try to type the character for n1, I've not succeeded.

N̄ n̄  N̄ n̄ 字符N1

字符 N1.docx

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Manuel

Thanks! I will see what I can do 😊

• Like 1

Lzmpinyin
On 10/20/2018 at 1:13 PM, Manuel said:

Thanks! I will see what I can do 😊

因为这些字符不常用,所以我觉得你可以在设置菜单中添加一个名字叫做“汉语拼音罕用字符支持”的复选框,默认为未选中。

Because these characters are not commonly used, I think you can add a checkbox called "Chinese Pinyin Rare Character Support" in the settings menu. The default is unchecked.

Manuel

OK, is really a combination of two characters, n and  ̄  (macron) (known as a "combining diacritical mark"), as you can see here. The resulting combined character is really two characters and some text editors don't display this correctly, here are two examples, Editplus (left) and Anki (right):

Diacritics.png.1ac5438c332d5170a624d9d0d8e8463a.png Diacritics.png.3b9e35124e8cccefe40603e17e130a92.png

ń, ň, ǹ are all one-character symbols with their own Unicode and always display properly. However, we can also use combining diacritics to type ń, ň, ǹ, as shown below in red:

ń

Unfortunately, there is no one-character version of , which is a pity:

As for zh, ch, sh and ng, I can tell you upfront I will not implement these because they serve no practical benefit and might even cause confusion. However, despite my reservations about using combining diacritical marks, I'm willing to implement n̄ ń ň ǹ and n̄g ńg ňg ǹg. Would that be ok?

Lzmpinyin
On 10/20/2018 at 2:04 PM, Manuel said:

OK, is really a combination of two characters, n and  ̄  (macron) (known as a "combining diacritical mark"), as you can see here. The resulting combined character is really two characters and some text editors don't display this correctly, here are two examples, Editplus (left) and Anki (right):

ń, ň, ǹ are all one-character symbols with their own Unicode and always display properly. However, we can also use combining diacritics to type ń, ň, ǹ, as shown below in red:

Unfortunately, there is no one-character version of , which is a pity:

As for zh, ch, sh and ng, I can tell you upfront I will not implement these because they serve no practical benefit and might even cause confusion. However, despite my reservations about using combining diacritical marks, I'm willing to implement n̄ ń ň ǹ and n̄g ńg ňg ǹg. Would that be ok?

好!

我重新查阅了“新华字典”,发现汉语拼音中其实还有“m 和 ê”的4个声调,我前面忘记告诉你了,抱歉。

“m 和 ê” 的4个声调也属于“汉语拼音罕用字符支持“。

输入时 ê 的声调 = e + ^ + (1-4)(新版本的新华字典中加入了 ê (原eh)。)

OK! 

ThereI re-examined the "Xinhua Dictionary" and found there are actually 4 tones of “m and ê” in Chinese Pinyin. I forgot to tell you in front of me, sorry.

4 tones of “m and ê” also in theChinese  Pinyin  Rare Character Support “.

When inputting ê tones = e + ^ + (1-4)(The new version of the Xinhua Dictionary has been added with ê (formerly eh).)

Lzmpinyin

To:Manuel

你有空吗?

我不再要求你翻译多语言了,强求别人是我的不对,可以原谅我吗?

Do you have time?

I no longer insist that you translate multiple languages. It is wrong to force others to be wrong. Can you forgive me?

Edited by Lzmpinyin

Lzmpinyin

汉语拼音罕用及已停用字符。 第一部分

Chinese Pinyin rarely used and disabled characters. Part One

Files_one.zip

Lzmpinyin

汉语拼音罕用及已停用字符。 第二部分

Chinese Pinyin rarely used and disabled characters. Part Two

Files_two.zip

Manuel
On 11/1/2018 at 4:03 PM, Lzmpinyin said:

Do you have time?

Hey, sorry I've been busy lately. I will look into this over the Christmas vacation (starting 20 December). I expect to have spare time then. 😊 I will probably send you a test version before releasing the update. Will also look into translating the user interface if I have enough time & energy.

Lzmpinyin
On 11/29/2018 at 11:09 AM, Manuel said:

Hey, sorry I've been busy lately. I will look into this over the Christmas vacation (starting 20 December). I expect to have spare time then. 😊 I will probably send you a test version before releasing the update. Will also look into translating the user interface if I have enough time & energy.

Oh, it doesn't matter, I understand you, please tell me when you have a good test version. However, please tell me on weekends and holidays in China because I have not time from Monday to Friday.

Also, the "Chinese Pinyin Rare Characters Support" checkbox should be turned off by default, as this feature is not used much.

Lzmpinyin

Manuel,你好。
我重新查阅了许多汉语拼音文章,发现这些特殊字母使用的非常少,几乎可以忽略不计。所以我觉得我们没必要通过键盘来输入它们,只需要做一个用户窗体界面来输入它们就可以了。
我用 Visual Basic.NET 2010 实现了这个功能,你可以用 AutoHotKey 在 QuickPinyin 中实现相同的功能吗?

英文版软件可能有Bug,请对照中文版使用。

Manuel, hello.
I re-examined many Hanyu Pinyin articles and found that these special letters were used very rarely and almost negligible. So I don't think we need to type them through the keyboard, just do a user form interface to enter them.
I implemented this functionality with Visual Basic.NET 2010. Can you implement the same functionality in QuickPinyin with AutoHotKey?

English version of the software may have bugs, please use the Chinese version.

CPRCIP.zip

ganhuanjun

Hello Manuel, 

I actually joined Chinese-forums specifically for your app and I find it to be simple and effective with almost no overhead. It truly is a stellar work, and thank you very much for creating it. In my new role with a company, I'm going to be interfacing regularly with Chinese business personnel, and I'm building out my rather limited vocabulary based on our meetings. This means that I'll be typing out English words, Chinese characters, and their pinyin phonetics back to back. Unfortunately, and I apologize if this has already been brought up, I've noticed with QuickPinyin enabled, selecting a number when typing out Chinese character overrides the character text input. For reference, I'm using the Chinese(Simplified China) Microsoft Pinyin keyboard.

My question is, Is it possible to disable QuickPinyin when using this Chinese input keyboard to enable number select for multiple character options? This would speed up character selections beyond the first one. Thank you again for a great app!

Manuel
On 1/11/2019 at 12:18 AM, ganhuanjun said:

For reference, I'm using the Chinese(Simplified China) Microsoft Pinyin keyboard.

I should am able to fix this. Which version of Windows are you using?

Manuel
12 hours ago, ganhuanjun said:

I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

Interesting, it works fine on my computer. The only thing I can think of is I'm using an English version of Windows and maybe you are not, can you confirm? If so, I may need to ask you to perform a small test.

ganhuanjun
13 hours ago, Manuel said:

I'm using an English version of Windows and maybe you are not

No, I'm using an English version of Windows as well.