Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

Manuel

QuickPinyin - Type pinyin with tone marks (portable)

Manuel
On 5/20/2020 at 7:53 PM, vitor192 said:

QuickPinyin is amazing and I've recommended it to a lot of people. Congratulations on developing this tool, it's really useful.

If I can suggest one change, it would be to not interfere when using the Chinese input on Windows. For example, if I want to write 好 on the native pinyin to Chinese input Windows has, I need to type hao + 1 (meaning it's the first option of all the characters). If QuickPinyin is activated, it will input the first tone and for some reason become hoā. I think you should have no problem reproducing this.

Normally simply turning QuickPinyin off with the "s d f" combination would be enough, but I need to constantly change between typing in mandarin and pinyin with tone marks for the purpose of my studies. I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, if yes, I apologize, but is there a way to have QuickPinyin auto-disable in the Pinyin to Chinese input method? 

Hi and thanks for your kind words!

I think this is the same problem reported previously, please downlaod the fix from this post:

https://www.chinese-forums.com/forums/topic/37827-quickpinyin-type-pinyin-with-tone-marks-portable/page/9/?tab=comments#comment-448489

I intend to release an update at some point but unfortunately ATM I am up to my neck in work trying to start a business and don't have the time, though do let me know if the fix solves your problem. I will get around to it, eventually.

• Thanks 1

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

vitor192

The fix worked perfectly for my problem. Love the sounds! hehe

Manuel
2 hours ago, vitor192 said:

The fix worked perfectly for my problem

Glad it did 😀