Chinese-Forums

QuickPinyin - Type pinyin with tone marks (portable)

Manuel

On 11/15/2017 at 11:20 AM, DavyJonesLocker said:

The Google keyboard has it too as default but a little tedious to write long text. However for the people like me who use pinyin very rarely it might suffice.

I've read that several times but can't understand it. What do you mean?

2 hours ago, Manuel said:

I've read that several times but can't understand it. What do you mean?

When you type  a message on your phone press and hold a vowel. A small pop up menu will probably appear with alternatives. For  example  if i press and hold the letter a I see æ, ã, å, ā à á â ä as options. I use an android phone and the default keyboard is the android installed one. 

I also installed "Google Pinyin Input" app from Google play. This allows me to type in Chinese or English. If I press and hold a vowel I also have alternative options as á ǎ à etc. Thus I use the Google pinyin input  as my phone's keyboard as it allows me to type English, Chinese and pinyin (it needed,)

bǐrú shuō: nǐhǎo.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Lzmpinyin said:

1. Could you translate the software into Chinese , Some Chinese people need it ,but some of them didn't now English ? 

2. With out the Arial Unicode MS  font ,The Pinyin isn't beautiful.

I once started translating it but I gave up because I expected most users to understand English. I can consider it for a future update. So far you are the first person to request this.

Some fonts don't display pinyin characters correctly. This is a problem with the font, not QuickPinyin. For example, font "Verdana" doesn't work properly.

5 hours ago, Lzmpinyin said:

The software have a bug

If I input "o" & "2" It will show "ò".

Infact, It need show "ó" it's wrong!

I can't reproduce this bug. I've checked the code and it seems correct, please can you check again? What happens if you use a different font? Thanks

Hey sorry for the late reply, I think you did an amazing job translating the UI. If I add the Chinese translation I would need you to maintain it in the future, because my Chinese is not good enough. I would credit the translation to you in the About... dialog.

I'm curious—are you a student or a teacher? Do you need this very urgently or is it a "would be nice to have" kind of thing? At this moment I'm fully invested in two other projects so I might not be able to deliver this update for a while.