Chinese-Forums

African coarse hair services in Shanghai

xidi

Hello Shanghainese!

I will be moving to Shanghai on a scholarship very soon. I would just like to know as to whether there are salons that treat and handle African coarse hair, from retouching, steaming, herbal treatments, plaiting.

I appreciate any relevant information given.

Thanks

Edited by imron
Spelling

Since there haven't been any replies to your question, it might mean this is an untapped business opportunity that you could look into after arriving in Shanghai. Offering such services on an informal basis to Shanghai expat Africans might nicely supplement your scholarship stipend. Would probably also be a good way to meet others in the expat African community and expand your social circle.

• Like 3

Hi, thanks for your advice. Handling African coarse hair requires a talent that I don't have, it's almost a rare ability, usually if one didn't learn how to plait when they were younger it becomes very difficult to learn when they are older. So I'm actually looking for someone that can do my hair when Im in Shanghai.

Thanks again

• 3 years later...

Hi!! Did you manage to create a contact? I will be schooling at Jinhua (about 300km from Shanghai) and I need to prepare! I have natural hair...been so for 4 years so I can't mess it up. I stumbled upon a few salons but they charge 400 flipping RMB for cornrows....what???? I get cornrows done in Botswana for like 50 RMB!!!