Chinese-Forums

Tsinghua University Zijing Dorm

antanthea

Hi,

I am from New Zealand, and I will be starting an exchange in September 2012 in Tsinghua.

Unfortunately my welcome package (which contains my accommodation details etc) has been lost by the courier. I have heard from the staff that I do not need to register my room because it has been reserved for me. I think I would probably be put in a double room. However I really want either single rooms or AB double rooms.

Does anybody know if a double room is nicely furnished? ie is it mouldy or dirty?

Do I need to look for off campus accommodation?

Should I get to uni a bit earlier than September to check out rooms? Do they let you choose which room you want??

Beijing is so new to me and I need all the help I need.

Thank you so much!

I think you should post it to Beijing not Guangzhou & Shenzhen.

Using the search function in the top right corner, these are some discussions about this.

I'm in Shanghai so my advice maybe not good enough. Personally I think you should go there a bit earlier to check whether it's good as you expect, if not you still have time to rent an apartment out of the campus. And I don't think they will allow you to choose the room which you wanna take but assign one to you as they planed.

Rooms are clean. AB room in my opinion is a lot better and cheaper than a single. Rooms arent that big but have a desk and a bed. The AB shares a small kitchen a small bathroom, and a small entrance way to both private bedrooms .

Are you a scholarship student? You might need to tell them earlier to reserve an AB room to guarantee you get one. If you get there before registration they might not be open or wanting to accommodate you.

My advice: go onto youtube and type in "zijing dorms tsinghua"

Thank you g and s. Steveh, I thought AB is the same price as single. I'm not a scholarship winner I'm an exchange student. Who should I call for reservation? Zijing? Last time they wasn't even sure of which room I got assigned with. Shall I wait till August and ask again?

I think you should post it to Beijing or Guangzhou & Shenzhen.

I don't get this. Someone explain. (emphasis mine)

I was so excited to finally see a new post in the Guangzhou & Shenzhen section, but in the end it turns out to be about Beijing...

@antanthea

I guess the prices are the same. My guess is you will have a double room assigned since you are an exchange student and the University pays for you room. You can try calling the dorm management at +86-10-51535500 and see what they say. If you are booked as a double as an exchange, you would have to pay the difference most likely for each month. Make sure you tell them you are willing to do this and if you can book a different room. Or try to have your University handle it.