Chinese-Forums

Fudan University Accommodation

陳德聰

Hi! Can anybody recommend a nice apartment outside the campus?  I've read that the dorms in the main bldg are a bit pricey.  They also say that I could get a better place for the same price if I rented outside. Seeing the negative comments about the dorm, like the lack of hot showers, also bother me.  I'm not on any scholarship btw, so I'll have to pay for my own when I get there. Do you have any advise for me? 

I'm also concerned if taking a place outside will give me less chances to make friends. If staying in the single room will give me more opportunities to interact with the other students, then I might have to give it a second thought. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • New Members

Hi I am an incoming international graduate student at Fudan, applied for accommodation at the Foreign Student Dorm earlier today but was notified that I'll be on the waiting list.

Also heard from Tohee that their hostels are fully booked for the upcoming semester. 

Anybody knows of any other sources of accommodation near Fudan?

• New Members

artfullounger Nope my course isn't covered my CGS sadly, only realised when i got the offer. I have started sourcing for off-campus accoms but the prices are significantly higher. still hoping to get in the foreign student dorm though.

anyone knows the chances of getting a room while being on waiting list?

• 2 weeks later...