Chinese-Forums

There was a Chinese song (from the 90's!)

duo21

All I remember of this Cantonese song from the (I believe) early 90's was "starting today we can be togther".

"Chun gumteen ho chee yut chai" Haha. It was sung by a male singer.

Oh, also, there was an Ekin Cheng song, also a Cantonese song from the 90's, that goes something like, "Cheng yee but din dong, cheng yee but foo tong". It sounds like the song in my head, haha, but hope it makes some sense to someone!

Thanks in advance! :)

Instead of creating a new thread, I thought I'd just post it in here. There was a cd, back in the early 90's (yet again!), that I remember was a compilation of songs and their singers. I remember there was Jacky Cheung's "Cry" and Alan Tam's "Drunk on the Street" as well as a song by Hacken Lee called "Fate Unchanged". The reason I mention this is, if anyone knows the song list on the back, there were a ton of songs from there that I have been looking for to hear again. Help is greatly appreciated, thank you! :)

Oh, there was a song by Grasshopper too called "The World Will Become Very Beautiful".

I assume that the songs above are what you wanted. Please note that the "yat chai" in "Chun gumteen ho chee yut chai" does not mean "together". It means "all", "everything". The words' tones are different in Cantonese.

Anthony Wong used to be quite famous.

There is yet another song I could really use your help in locating ^_^;

It was a fast song by Aaron Kwok. I don't remember the lyrics, but from what my friend said, it was about Aaron picking up his g/f from her house, I remember screeching of tires, and the mother (of the g/f?) saying something as well. I remember one part he says, "dixie nai", if that helps, haha. Oh, and he says "ho ho fai".

Thanks for all your help! Love all these older songs!