Chinese-Forums

"Rush service" for a student visa in Hong Kong - what's the fee? (question answered)

oneeyedcats

Hi, all.

Well the title says it all really - I got a Z visa which I want to change into a Student Visa in Hong Kong, because it would be way too expensive to go back to my country, sort out the visa 'problem' and come back. That said, HK is an expensive place, so I want to spend only a day or two there, which means I would use the "rush service" option.

I mailed the visa bureau asking them how much money I have to prepare, but they never got back to me, so if anyone has any idea - it would be much appreciated.

Best wishes to all, Alex

I got a Z visa which I want to change into a Student Visa in Hong Kong

To the best of my knowledge, a student visa needs to be issued by the authorities in the city where you are studying if you aren't arranging it in your home country prior to arrival in China.

Well, I asked something like 5 universities and they all answered the very same thing - we can't issue a visa for you, visas are issued outside China, so if it's too expensive to go to your country (it is), then you can go to HK with the admission docs and get one. I mailed the Chinese Foreign Ministry in HK (which also happens to be the bureau dealing with visas) and they said no prob, you just need the following docs and bla bla. They never answered how much is the rush service though, hence the topic (:

Hope this clears things up.