Chinese-Forums

2-entries L visa extension (Beijing)

MGMT

Hey guys,

I know this is probably an easy/a stupid question, but I just want to make sure I have correct info before I try to do this.

I have a 2-entries L visa (I wanted a 1 entry one to make everything easier, but the girl at the embassy didn't want to for one reason or another. Anyway), 45 + 45 days. The first entry is valid until October 13th, at which point I plan to go to HK and come back directly. Since getting any other type of visa these days is so complicated, I want to extend it for 30 days + 30 days.

My questions are:

- can I get the extension immediately, or do I have to wait until my 2nd entry to apply?

- if I can apply now, will the 30 days be added at the end of the 1st entry-period (bringing me to November 13th before I have to go to HK), or to the 2nd one?

- how soon after applying for the first extension can I apply for the 2nd one?

- do I still need 21000rmb on my bank account, or has that amount changed?

- is there any chance I'll find an English-speaker in the Yonghegong PSB? :P

Thanks for your help!

Unfortunately, it's not an easy question (or a stupid one.) Right now is a difficult time for China visas, and restrictions are tighter for some nationalities than others. (I don't know your nationality.) Some rules and requirements have changed in the very recent past, generally making things harder instead of easier.

Additionally, from what I've read, big cities such as Beijing and Shanghai are usually *not* the best places to make these additional visa arrangements. Most reports say that Beijing is especially difficult. Suggest you either inquire at the PSB to find out your options or ask a visa agent.

My understanding of the way it works is that when you get a "visa extension," that usually voids your second entry. What the PSB is actually doing is cancelling your existing double entry visa and issuing you a new one in its place for a period of time somewhat longer than your original first entry. This in effect "extends" your continuous time in China, but there's no guarantee of how long that extension will be; it could very well be less than the 30 days you want. Could only be an extra 10 or 15 days. You would be worse off than you are now. Results are variable and uncertain.

Your safest strategy would probably be just to go to Hong Kong like you originally planned and get a new entry stamp. This at least would let you use the full 90 days you've already been granted. Then look into extending your time as the end of your second entry draws near.

• Like 1