Chinese-Forums

Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin) Hip-hop song

tjlai

Thanks guys! I can't actually write much Chinese myself. Most of the cantonese 'slang' words, I found on here so THANKS! Don't think I'll be putting eng subs on it, I made the video in iMovie and it took me ages to do! I could write the english translations on here if you like?

Thanks guys! I can't actually write much Chinese myself. Most of the cantonese 'slang' words, I found on here so THANKS! Don't think I'll be putting eng subs on it, I made the video in iMovie and it took me ages to do! I could write the english translations on here if you like?

yea that would be great. I noticed the slang words in cantonese, i can imagine you being "ho chun" in real life lol.

the song is pretty cool. I dont think many average guys can rap like you, at least i cant in cantonese.

Thanks for your support! Really appreciate it :D .

It's the mandarin bit you want translated right?

Ok, here goes:

You are my lady so I have to let you know.

You are the one I love the most, you are the only one.

You've never seen someone as a crazy as myself.

But you need to know my love for you is wholehearted.

My wife, I really love you.

Profoundly so.

My one and only.

Giving birth,

Isn't easy.

So no matter what I will always be by you side supporting,

You need not be afraid you can relax you are the best,

did you know.

Do not be afraid.

Your future,

Will definitely be good, you have Pau Pau, and myself here.

Baby you are,

Our star,

Now and Forever.

My mandarin is not good, actually, do you understand?

Phew! Hope that helps. By the way, I sang this song for my wife because she's pregnant with our 2nd child and had been feeling really down. Oh and Pau Pau is our 1st child. Thought you should know this otherwise it doesn't really make much sense. haha.

By the way, any mandarin speakers out there, can you please tell me if the mandarin part makes any sense? I know what I wanted to say but I don't actually speak any mandarin at all and can't even understand it. I used a dictionary to translate from cantonese to mandarin. Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oXMj4cjS3Y?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oXMj4cjS3Y?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oXMj4cjS3Y?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>