Chinese-Forums

Free HSK Prep? Is there a HSK prep program I can download and study when offline (preferably free)?

MissTina

Do you mean mock tests and vocabulary lists? Those are available on http://www.chinesetesting.cn/godownload.do

(see the 大纲 files for vocabulary lists)

And additionally you can use the anki SRS program and download HSK decks in order to review the vocabulary.

Or do you mean a comprehensive course that teaches grammar, writing, listening, reading etc. ? (I don't know where to find such a course targeting specifically the new HSK...)

We will be coming out with HSK-specific guides at our site in the next few months. Though they are not free, I will be willing to send you a review copy in exchange for a review. What level are you taking?

In the meantime, you may consider simply immersing yourself in online Chinese texts and youtube programs at your level. I'm personally against flashcards for vocabulary, but if that's your thing, as edelweis said, anki's a good choice.

We have organized vocabulary lists for every HSK level at our site, by the way.

• New Members

edelweis:

I was looking for a comprehensive course, or at least something that teaches grammar rather then just the vocab, even if it doesn't have the listening, writing, reading aspect.

mokushiroku:

I'd be interested in that, I'm taking level 4. When are the review copies being sent out? How long would I have to review it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'd love to help you, but we only have review copies for level 1 right now. It should be another month or so until level 4 is ready, so it may be too late.

As far as I know (and I've done the research), there are no comprehensive courses for the HSK other than those in schools. That's why we've come out with these courses. I know I would have used one when I was studying for the Advanced HSK way back when.

Keep in touch man!

• 6 months later...
  • New Members
manlearningmandarin

hi

could you help me out with the HSK level 1 prep material that you have. I am finding it difficult to attend the classes as I live too far way from the city. I have already bought a book called 'New Concept Chinese'.