Chinese-Forums

Grammar Checker

ocrtech

I am using Chinese to write to a few "penpals" and would like to check the grammar of my sentences before I send them. I have googled but can't find much of anything. Does anyone have any links to a decent, online grammar checker.

I was hoping to find something like what Microsoft Word does. Not that it is perfect but it would hopefully point out the more glaring errors.

Or italki.com. You post your thing and you will get corrections speedy soon.

This is where I found my penpals. I also use this from time-to-time when I have specific questions about a sentence. I am looking for something that can provide more immediate feedback.

I have tried putting the sentences into both google and bing translators but these programs seem to be quite happy with my poor grammar.

I will have to try the Baidu approach. Assuming that it indexes all blogs, books, etc from inside China, it would make sense that my sentences shouldn't be so unique as to not be found. Especially at the level I am currently at.

The Chinese internet serves as a huge depository of bilingual material.

So for instance, if you want to write in Chinese "Open the window to let some fresh air in". How would you write that? "窗户打开,让新风过莱"? That doesn't sound right...

Just go to Baidu and type in some English and Chinese such as "window fresh 窗户打开" and you'll quickly find many possibilities!