Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2013 General Discussion

Brian US

• New Members

@Brian Us,

Thank you for your reply. Well during these days I contacted my embassy in beijing but they said they dont deal with this. So I was thinking is it better to contact the University of my choice and tell them that I want to apply to their school and transfer my scholarship?? or should I contact the CSC first?? If I contact the CSC is it good to contact them with the help of a professor to speak on my behalf??

Thank you very much,

• New Members

Hi Folks,

I would really appreciate it if anyone can fill me in on an issue I have with applying for the CGS. I would like to apply for the scholarship this coming year 2013, but unfortunately I am over the required age limit by about 4 years. I am planning to go for a PhD. I would like to know from anyone if they got the scholarship at any level regardless of the age limit requirement.

Hi guys quick question

I would like to apply for the Chinese language schoalrship for one year and am from the U.K. I saw there is a eu student scholarship and just wondered if my home embassy has a quota and to send the form to them or send it to the embassy at the EU.

Cheers

Andy

Is anyone else having trouble registering for the online application? I never received a confirmation email and can't login...tried resetting my password and same deal. No email ever appears despite the page saying an email has been dispatched to me

@goldfish09

You best bet is contacting the CSC, not sure if it shoould be their office in Spain or Beijing. Keep in mind it will be very difficult to transfer since my Canadian friend needed a recommendation letter from 大山 himself.

@shackas

I think the age limit is only for reference, so you can try your chances anyway.

@andrewa5736a

Britain seems to be in a blackhole of EU applications, so your best bet is applying through the Confucious Institute or contacting schools directly.

cin05 - thanks for that. Re-registered with a different email address and could login fine and currently filling out the form.

I chose Chinese Language Student from the drop down box on the Language Proficiency and Proposed Study Page. What should I be choosing under disciplines and major? There doesn't appear to be anything for language study only.

is there a difference between Chinese Government Special Scholarship Program-University Postgraduate Program and Chinese Government Scholarship Program ? there are two seperate programs ? can I apply for both of them ? ( I know I can be awarded with only one)

For those applying for grad school does anyone know if we should affix a paper we have published or writing sample as the application says? I have a good paper I worked on but its about 37 pages. I have no problem doing so, but I thought there was a 20 page limit on the application? With 2 of everything I'm at about 20 pages right now.

If I affix two copies of that sample...I'll be close to 100 :shock:

Hi there! im Bella, 22 from Indonesia, hmm i am wondering about the chinese language scholarship. After we fill the online application form, and download it, do we have to send any email to the government/ embassy/ school with this application as the attachment? If yes, what is the email we should send? or does the website have the program to send it directly to them, as the matter fact the applicants just have to wait for the result whether we get the scholarship or not. Also for the "agency number" if we fill it by the university number, that means we only apply for the particular university, can we apply to other university using the same account in CSC? because it always state "

Application form has been already submitted"

Its ridiculous by the time I call the china embassy in Indonesia, they know nothing about CSC scholarship. Many thanks before, I really glad to find this forum ^^

Warmest regards,

Bella

@Brian US,I am confusing one thing...As u said i found that I can apply schools directly...How many schools can i apply directly,I mean maximum number of Schools..And if i apply through Embassy,can i still apply schools directly? I mean is I choose 3 Universities for applying through Embassy,and choose another University for applying directly..Is that work?Can i do like that? Waiting for your kindly relply:D

• New Members

Hello, I am currently working on my online application for this year's (2013) CSC Scholarship. I am simply trying to apply for the one year Chinese language program. In online application section titled Language Proficiency and Proposed Study in China there is a drop down section titled "Apply for" from which I selected "Chinese Language Student." However after that there are two more required drop down menus titled "Disciplines" and "Majors." It seems as though as a Chinese Language Student I shouldn't have to select either of those things. However the system won't let me continue with the application until I make a selection for both. Should I simply randomly select a discipline and a major in order to continue or will that create problems down the line? Thanks! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

• New Members

@pls help to me...Can I ask 1question? I am trying for CSC for Mater Degree..I have finished preparing for the documents to send..I want to know is only sending documents directly to CSC through embassy?Is that that simple?I mean I choose 3Uni in application form..How can I know University can accept my documents..?I want to ask is do I need to send my Documents to University first or sending through Embassy to CSC council is ok? Because u write in above like that for step!!(1. You send your application to a third party representative of CSC (maybe your school).

2. The third party (OR you can apply directly) sends application to your native country's China Embassy.

3. Your native country's China Embassy sends your application to the Beijing CSC office.) according to that,I think my step is starting from Step 3!!Can u advice me @BrianUS?

• Like 1