Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2013 General Discussion

Brian US

• New Members

I have 2 questions. I'm planning on applying for either a 1-2 year language course. I'm currently studying chinese and by summer I will know approximately 1000-1100 characters. If I am admitted for the scholarship to the language course, will I still have to start from the beginning? And If i don't will I still be able to do 2 years, or will just be in the same class with the people who have already been there for a year? If it helps I'm applying to Beida, Ren min and probably Fudan (not certain about the third one). My second question is whether I actually have to apply to the universities separately or do I just have to apply to the scholarship and they will contact the University?

谢谢你们

Hey people i am from turkey and i have some questions about the process.Firstable what is the deadline for application?I am seeking to apply dalian maritime university and this is what i found : http://iec.dlmu.edu.cn/innerpage.php?cid=3&lg=en

So i am confused because if it's the same scholarship that we are talking about in this topic,it's written that end of february is deadline and documents should be sent directly to international office of dalian maritime university?But if i fill all of 3 university choices in application form ,so am i going to send documents to all of these schools ? Lastly i want to ask about Foreigner Physical Examination,there is a part in form stated; "None of the following diseases of disorders found during the present examination.Cholera Venereal Disease Yellow fever Lung tuberculosis Plague AIDS Leprosy Psychosis".So do we have to make all of these tests or doctor going to choose some of them?And what we have to attached for Laboratory Exam?Thanks for your help.

@wallace187

The deadline may depends on institution you applying and its the same scholarship we all talking about. Its seems Dalian Maritime university has its own deadline 28th of february. It means you can apply for scholarschip sending all documents to them and they will send to CSC office. You just sending to one university and u can still put others university of ur choice. From Foreigner Physical Examination you need test of AIDS, syphilis, x-ray, ECC.

@paulaa thanks for your help.i just need to ask one more question.so i am considering to apply for business management at dalian maritime university,and for my other choises i am considering to apply for IMBA programmes,so is it ideal to write in form "business management" in field of area section ? Or should i indicate both of the programmes names in that part?thanks a lot

Hey another quick question. I was thinking of applying to Zhejiang University fort the Chinese Language one year course and saw from the threat on here thats someone was receiving the Scholarship while on this course. When I checked the 'search course' list on the CSC website (where it lists Chinese GOvernment Scholarship courses with a red asterix ) it doesn't appear marked. Should I take their list of Scholarship courses seriously or is it a pretty poor guide ?

Hope that makes sense

Andy asterix

• New Members

Hi! I'm an American undergraduate student at beijing university and I want to apply for this scholarship. I have a few questions:

1. The website did not state that undergraduate students need letters of recommendation. Should we have them anyways? If so, who should they be from? (Our current teachers, only the teachers of our current required courses, the teachers who are in charge of the international students, language teachers from past years, teachers in the US?)

2. For the foreign physical examination form, I had it done when I went home over the summer and then gave it to the school when I registered in the fall. They gave me the official paper, but then the visa place took it when I extended my visa (they wouldn't take a copy). Can I get a new one with the same physical documents? If so, where?

3. How should I get my high school diploma notarized or made official? It's at home and I can get it photocopied and sent over, I just don't know how to make it official. A notarization from the embassy?

Thank you so much for opening this forum, it has helped so much.

8. They want TWO copies of the application. We're not sure of that means the whole application (including any documents) or just the application form - so we recommend that you send two of everything.

For people who aren't sure about 'two copies'. FAQ in CSC website says that

Application materials should be mailed in duplicate (two copies) to the dispatching authority.

So you have to send two of everything.

@smossy

For those applying for grad school does anyone know if we should affix a paper we have published or writing sample as the application says? I have a good paper I worked on but its about 37 pages. I have no problem doing so, but I thought there was a 20 page limit on the application? With 2 of everything I'm at about 20 pages right now.

If I affix two copies of that sample...I'll be close to 100

20 pages limit for each application's set

Try to cut something in your paper or make it summarize.

• New Members

How many Universities can I apply?If I apply Sun Yat_Sen University,serial choice is Sichuan and Tianjin..So if I send to Sichuan university,should I submit another application and should write first choice is Sichaun,serial Sun Yat send uni and tianjin? I don't Understand and I am not clear..Anyone who knows pls help me!!

@DrRaymond

You can choose three univesities.

CSC doesn’t accept individual applications from applicants.

You have to send documents directly to the chinese embassy in your country

or send it to a third party representative of CSC (and your application will be sent to the chinese embassy in your country anyway)

From FAQ in CSC Website:

Can I apply directly to a Chinese university?

Yes for some programs. Some Chinese higher education institutions and provincial or municipal education departments have Chinese Government Scholarship quotas assigned by the Chinese Ministry of Education.

So better contact the university before you send documents.

@felix

Send documents directly to the chinese embassy in your country or a third party representative of CSC. And that's all. Your chosen universities will be contacted by the process.

@Nikko

,I am confusing one thing...As u said i found that I can apply schools directly...How many schools can i apply directly,I mean maximum number of Schools..And if i apply through Embassy,can i still apply schools directly? I mean is I choose 3 Universities for applying through Embassy,and choose another University for applying directly..Is that work?Can i do like that? Waiting for your kindly relply

From FAQ in CSC Website:

Can I apply directly to a Chinese university?

Yes for some programs. Some Chinese higher education institutions and provincial or municipal education departments have Chinese Government Scholarship quotas assigned by the Chinese Ministry of Education.

So better contact the university before you send documents.

• New Members

Hello guys!

I applied for the CSC Scholarship at Harbin Institute of Technology for 2013/2014 intake. And in their VIII Approval and Notification Sectiojn of their application infromation, they stated that "The final result of whether to admit or not will be declared no later than January 15, 2013", and i havent received anything as of today the 15th of January. Does this mean i am unsuccessfull? Or does anyone know how i can check whether i have been picked or not? Do they inform those that havent been selected?

i will appreciate your comments ...

• New Members

Dear hexagone,

What is the third party representative of CSC? I don't know..Is it University?

Also, I ask to the University directly and they ask me to send documents to them..That is why I am confused..If I send one university and I want to send another University,Do I need to change Agency No and Choice of University? Please Help me..I still can't catch the point..

@DrRaymond

Dear hexagone,

What is the third party representative of CSC? I don't know..Is it University?

Also, I ask to the University directly and they ask me to send documents to them..That is why I am confused..If I send one university and I want to send another University,Do I need to change Agency No and Choice of University? Please Help me..I still can't catch the point..

The third party representative of CSC (for normal case); for an example, some language schools which contacted with CSC for receiving applications. Your documents will be sent from that third party representative to the embassy in your country before it will be sent to CSC. And CSC will contact all universities you chose.

For the question that the university is the third party representative of CSC or not. I am not sure how to it should be called because I don't know how your university will manage your documents in case that they don't reward you a scholarship.

Like I mentioned FAQ in CSC website, there are some programs you can send your application directly to university. So if they told you so, you can send your documents and use that university's ag no.

If you want to send documents to another University (for safe), called them like you ever did, and use that university's ag no. that you will send another documents to.

@Hexagone

Seems like I am at the limit regardless (3 page application, 1 page medical form, 2 pages letters of rec, 2 page transcript, 2 page CV x2=20ish

So if applying PhD do we not need a sample of our work? I'm confused because it says we do, but even a sample of this paper would have to be a few pages for a long paper. I think this would help my chances at the University, but would CSC reject an application over 20 pages? I tried calling my embassy directly quite a bit, but still no word :(

@Nicholous

Hello everyone, if I send documents through embassy, will CSC send my documents to appropriate University? Do I need to get acceptance letter from University first?

Yes, if the embassy in your country sends your documents to CSC. CSC will manage your documents to your chosen universities.

For the acceptance letter; if you don't have it, your set of documents will be not rejected (there is no rule to have it before they consider the scholarship)

Anyway for people who have the acceptance letter before, no one knows if it is a better chance of getting the scholarship.

@Smossey

@Hexagone

Seems like I am at the limit regardless (3 page application, 1 page medical form, 2 pages letters of rec, 2 page transcript, 2 page CV x2=20ish

So if applying PhD do we not need a sample of our work? I'm confused because it says we do, but even a sample of this paper would have to be a few pages for a long paper. I think this would help my chances at the University, but would CSC reject an application over 20 pages? I tried calling my embassy directly quite a bit, but still no word

20 pages limit for 'each set' of your documents.

In your case, you will have an empty slot for about 10 pages for each set.

Anyway I heard about the embassy in some countries allow some more pages. But not sure if CSC will reject it at last or not.

So try to contact your embassy, and yes, they hardly pick up the phone. So try to call or go there for the answer.