Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2013 General Discussion

Brian US

• New Members

hello everyone!!! I apply 3 school with one account!!! Is it legal? but I can only see the last one I send that is checking now..how can I know the other two is checking or not? Pls reply me.

• New Members

Hi Guys,

Greetings from Indonesia. Just found out about this forum and I registered as soon as I can. So, I completed and submitted my application to China Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia on March, 29th and I believe something was so weird at that time.

When I arrived at the embassy to submit my hard copy application, no one can accept my application. I was told by some people in legal department, that there is no such program called China Scholarship Council Program. Then, I directly called Cultural Office Phone, as stated on the China Embassy in Indonesia website. Some one over the phone told me that I should drop my application to security or some one who can actually received my application. Then with the help of legal department, My application was received by them. Can someone here, assure me or explain to me that my application was received by the council in Beijing, and they give it to universities that I picked or not?

Another one is, as soon as I read every single post here, that some of you may already got the confirmation email/letter from the chosen university, how come my status of application is still "Application Form has been already submitted."?

Can I ask you guys, Dr. Haseeb Sattar and anasiftikhar, what kind of program are you registered? My curiousity tells me that they check it on the highest level of degree first. But I could be wrong on this. Maybe they check it randomly or by country or by major?

Many thanks.

@HeOscar i applied for 1 year academic language student ( many said that if we already in china we can easily apply and the chance will be bigger ) btw i also submitted the application thru chinese embassy in indonesia (jakarta) and give the application directly to receptionist on january 5th 2013. On 25th march i managed to call the cultural division of embassy and there's native chinese speaking to me that they make some list for those who passed embassy screening (match the criteria from embassy) since embassy only have a small quota of 10 person/ year. I also ask whether they have my application or not and when i ask with my chinese name they said that i'm currently on their list ( i don't know is that the list that will be sent to CSC or not ) they said that we will be inform if we get the scholarship on august 2013 by phone or email. Just pray for the best

Hello

@HEOscar i applied for Master in internal Medicine.and i dont think so university give priority to some nationals..Actualy during evaluation period university supervisors sit togather and check individual applications.so it depends upon your luck if any supervisor select you after seeing your application.

today i checked my online status and found this message "Sorry, your application materials did not pass my school qualification examination." and I re-applied again but to another university. Is there any problem with that?

@HeOscar I'm from Indonesia too. My laihua status has already changed, and I guess they don't check it based on the highest level of degree first, because I take Undergraduate degree.

@bethannyputri Is that cultural division of embassy in Jakarta? Why they ask your Chinese name? What's your laihua status?

@all I just wondering. Could it "your application is currently checking" means we are accepted? Well, Just pray for the best and good luck all :)

My current status -"Application form has been already submitted"; whats happening.. :-((

i have applied directly to three universities and two of them asked me for scholarship evaluation fees 800 and 500 RMB Respectively, i made the payment as per the time line.

one of my friend was also asked for scholarship evaluation fees of 500 RMB too.

No update on Current Status and from universities.

Hi, does anyone know when the EU candidates for the scholarship should expect to hear back by? I went on the EU website and the last two years results were posted online in mid July. Isnt that a tad bit late?

Thanks

@ nepu

I have confirmed it from CSC and there is no harm in making more than one account. Go through the following reply of CSC project officer:

"Dear XXXXXX,

Yes you can creat more user ID for apply more universities, but you would only get one scholarship finally if you win the scholarship.

Yours,

QIAO

- - - - - - - - - -

Jiang QIAO

Project Officer

Division of International Students Affairs

China Scholarship Council

Level 13, Building A3,No.9 Chegongzhuang Avenue

Beijing, P.R.China 100044"

Hello everyone, I haven't been on this forum in some time so after reading each of your latest updates, I decided to check my account to see what the status was. Actually, prior to reading your posts, I didn't know that a status update was even available. My application's status is "The application form is currently checking". I am not sure what this means but it seems that some of your applications are further along in the review process, as your applications apparently have already been "submitted". What does "checking" refer to? Does it mean that someone at the CSC is currently reviewing it? Or does it mean merely that someone at my local Chinese consulate/embassy is reviewing it? Or is the CSC awaiting the receipt of the supporting documentation that I submitted to my local Chinese consulate/embassy? I'm also not quite certain why some applicants have created additional CSC accounts for the purposes of applying to multiple universities? Doesn't the CSC automatically submit the materials on behalf of applicants to these three selected universities? Does anyone know when acceptance notices for U.S. applicants will be announced? I recall that last year, the Chinese embassy in Washington, D.C. sent an e-mail announcement to selected candidates around late May or early June, but I could be wrong. In other developments, earlier this week I was awarded a Korean Government Scholarship for Graduate study in Korea and I was hoping that I would receive some update on my CSC application by next week so that I can move ahead and decide which country to study in! The Korean scholarship program, like the Chinese one, certainly has its intricacies but I'm starting to believe that the Korean one is actually a bit more uniform and straight forward in its guidelines and procedures, although lack of clear and timely communication from program staff and consular officials also hampers the Korean program's implementation as well. Thanks in advance for the insight and best of luck!

@cn27,

As far as I know "The application is currently checking" is farther along than "This application is already submitted."

As for your other questions, I have no idea and I'm sure no one else does either.

@slasherchinese: Thanks for the clarification. After posting my message, I was starting to think that perhaps "checking" is, in fact, a more advanced stage than "submitted" is. But who is "checking"? The CSC? The three universities listed on my application form? And what are they checking for? Adequacy of my suitability (i.e. am I under 35, do I possess at least a Bachelor's degree (since I'm applying to a Masters program), etc.) or are they assessing the contents of my application with respect to diplomas, recommendation letters, study plan objectives, etc. I'm not really certain on what it all means since the status update is rather nebulous to say the least. But thanks for the feedback.

My application status is still "Application form has been already submitted". I applied directly to Tianjin University and they said the results will be posted on the school's site in the middle of June. I am anxious to see the status change, I check many times a day.

My other concern is if my major or nationality will affect my chances of the scholarship. I am American and a science major applying for Master's, but the majority of people here at Tianjin University seem to be from Africa, India, South Korea, Indonesia, the Middle East, etc, and their majors are usually dealing with linguistics, languages, or literature.

I know no one knows the methodology the CSC uses, but the wait sure is killing me.

你们好,

Hey guys! I was just have a question about the status on the laihua.csc.edu.cn student login page. Currently my status is application form has already been recovered. I have seen others with the status: application form has already been submitted, application is currently checking, etc. So I guess my question is about the meaning of these statuses... and it seems like everyone may be a little confused what these actually mean... So does anyone know in what order each of the statuses come?

I am actually just worried if they have even have received or seen my application yet

谢谢

• New Members

Hello, I intend to apply for the scholarship before I have received my college results (UK) what do I send? Also is there now way I can apply for different subjects on the form as well as different schools? Thanks!

@brenda i dont know what happened with my previous application since after i submit and download the form i tried to retrieve the application. Now i don't know they already have my documents or not because the serial nunrr from application form is different with the previous one ( the one that i sent to the embassy)

And yes i communicated with someone from cultural division. When i tried to ask them about my application at first the dont recognize me when i said my indonesian name, but when i tell them my chinese name they said that i already on their list

@All or @brian Btw is anyone here know if we retrieve the application then our prev. Application will automatically saved or just gone with the wind?