Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2013 General Discussion

Brian US

My biggest question is : if we retrieve our application then our previous application will be lost or save by the system? Since from the beginning after i submitted and download the first application i retrieve to get another one.

And the bad news is when i try to fill the same application the serial number has changed and the one that i sent to embassy is my first application with different serial number from my current application on the online application web

On Monday, my application (made on February 15) finally changed from "Application form has been submitted" to "Application is currently checking."

I am an American applicant for a 2-year Chinese language scholarship.

I think I goofed up in my application in putting Harbin Inst. Tech. as my first choice, as I think they may not even have CSC awards for their Chinese language program.

My 2nd and 3rd choices were Dalian U. of Tech. and Liaoning Normal U.

Hi guys,another try in this part of the forum..maybe somebody with a similar experience will have a look at it in this thread.

i received an update for my scholarship application and seek people with the same experience, who can tell me their opinion on it.

I directly applied to a certain university in China for the "2013 Chinese Gov. Scholarship-University Postgraduate Study Program".

University will evaluate the applications and then recommend a list of candidates to the Chinese Scholarship Council for approval.

Luckily, i was informed by the university that i am among these selected candidates and they will recommend me to the council. As usual, i will need to wait for their final decision until June/July...

I´m curious now if some people here were in a similar situation and can share their experiences..of course i´m most interested in my chances now to pass the council selection with a recommendation from the university. I have no idea if my chances are still small or increased enormously.

I know i could have asked the university directly, but i wanted to get some comments here first from people who experienced a similar situation.

Appreciate all opinions, thanks a lot in advance

My status has also changed to "appication form is currently checking".

Is there another stage after this or do we just have to wait for the final results? Has anybody seen any other statuses except for this and the initial "submitted" status?

Hello fellow CSC scholarships aspirants, anybody applying here in Zhejiang University? Have you heard any news from them about your application? My status didn't changed at all since day 1 i sent my application

@daeiram89

I submitted my application via the CSC online system and mailed all my papers to Zhejiang University. I did the same for two other schools.

My application status has not changed yet and the school has not replied me either. I think it's because they have 50 scholarships and need more time to process the applications submitted and see who should be on scholarship. Qingdao University with quota of just 11 students replied me 3 days after the deadline, which was March 30 while my online application status for that school still says "submitted".

I think if the online application status changes it is good, they obviously are looking at the application. If not it doesn't mean they are not processing it. It takes time to update stuff in China. Maybe its another firewall problem ;)

• Like 1

I applied through the Chinese embassy in my country and Zhejiang University is my first choice. The embassy told me that they have sent my papers to China and when I checked my status, it was 'application form is currently checking'.

I'm applying for a Chinese-taught Master's degree program and I'm not that optimistic I will get in. I e-mailed the school before applying, they told me two things 1. I need to send them scanned copies of my application materials and they will send me a pre-admission notice through e-mail; 2. graduate students are required to provide a letter of provisional acceptance by a ZJU professor (someone that agrees to be your mentor). I managed to get a professor sign a letter of provisional acceptance and I then gave the embassy official this letter. However, it was too late to apply for a pre-admission notice. Applicants who have a pre-admission notice are given priority, so I don't know what to expect. My second choice is East China Normal, I'd be happy if any school accepts me.

• Like 1

@dreamerua

Yes, we have the same method for processing our application for Zhejiang University, I did first the online and send my hard copies of application materials directly to university by post. I did receive an email from Mr. Yi that they receive well my documents and they are checking on it if materials are complete. After that I keep checking my online status but it didn't changed at all. Anyway i guess it takes time for the processing.

@Angelina

Is the Provisional acceptance by ZJU professor is a MUST to comply? As it was stated in the online requirement its only "if applicable". If a degree applicant didn't provide the ZJU provisional acceptance, does it mean there will be only a little chance to get the admission in the university.

@daeiram89

什么什么什么 教授的同意接受函是必须要提供的,请您联系我校人文学院的有关教授,您可以查询一下中文系的教师网页http://www.ch.zju.edu.cn/external/teachers.php 看有没有教授的研究课题和您的相同或相近。

This is the response I got. It is required to provide a letter of provisional acceptance by a professor.

I'm not sure about schools other than the School of Humanities, the rules might be different. That's probably why they wrote 'if applicable' , some programs might not require it.

I applied for csc scholarship and the first option is BLCU, and also i have applied individually at BLCU and i am accepted there. But on the documents i recieved home from BLCU is written that "source of funding is SELF-SUPORTING", not "scholarship". what i have to do now?

Thank you very much!

@AlexColteaRO I applied to BLCU, I got the same documents as you, but they were related to the self application I did. Did you applied like this too? I'm still waiting for my status on Laihua to change, but so far it just says 申请表已提交

@MoKangWei did you apply to the OAS? I saw that they updated saying “The 2013 OAS-China technical evaluation has been completed. Please note that ONLY selected candidates will be contacted”.