Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2013 American/EU Applicants

Brian US

Thanks @Brennan. Also RE the U.S applications, aren't they awarded to individual states? So maybe worth you investigating how many your state/city was given? Lol not sure about this Im just guessing.

Also on a side note..has anyone been able to email Chen Gong? I keep emailing him at: chengong@moe.edu.cn which is the email on the website but I keep getting a message from a mailer daemon (no idea what this is) that tells me that delivery is "temporarily suspended" Im so confused. Anyone have any alternate means of contact aside from ringing?

Thanks

I emailed Mr Chen Gong about the same, the following is my question to him and the reply.

Q. It states on the www.chinamission.be website that a self addressed envelope with International Post Coupons should be included with the application, however we can no longer purchase International Post Coupons in the UK, what do you advise?

A. Just contact someone in the continent ( or Belgium the best) who can help you with this matter. Keep surfing our website see if you are admitted. It will be announce at the end of May.

I ended up getting some Belgium stamps from a local stamp collector

I have a problem, i registered on BLCU site and they accepted me, i recieved at home papers that i am accepted, but i applied for CSC scholarship and i wait for the answer from the CSC and from the BLCU papers writes that i will pay the school fee (tuition fee) not the scholarship. What i have done wrong? thank you!

When you apply direct to the university you are responsible for your course fees, if and when you are accepted for CSC scholarship then CSC pay your fees.

I applied to CUPL and was accepted in January, then I applied for the scholarship, so until I'm accepted for the scholarship I'm responsible for my fees.

All you can do is wait and see if you are accepted for the scholarship, I emailed CUPL stating that I applied for the scholarship so will withhold paying the 10,000 RMB deposit as it is non returnable.

Hope this helps

Hi there guys,

I applied for a one year Chinese Language course, and have received this award certificate from my contact at my university.

My query is does this mean I've basically got the scholarship? he has said I need to contact my three preference universities and forward him my admission notice.

OR am I not at the finishing posts yet and can I still be rejected?

5w0crd.jpg

• Like 1

Hi guys,

i received an update for my scholarship application and seek people with the same experience, who can tell me their opinion on it.

I directly applied to a certain university in China for the "2013 Chinese Gov. Scholarship-University Postgraduate Study Program".

University will evaluate the applications and then recommend a list of candidates to the Chinese Scholarship Council for approval.

Luckily, i was informed by the university that i am among these selected candidates and they will recommend me to the council. As usual, i will need to wait for their final decision until June/July...

I´m curious now if some people here were in a similar situation and can share their experiences..of course i´m most interested in my chances now to pass the council selection with a recommendation from the university. I have no idea if my chances are still small or increased enormously.

I know i could have asked the university directly, but i wanted to get some comments here first from people who experienced a similar situation.

Appreciate all opinions, thanks a lot in advance guys

• 2 weeks later...

On Monday, my application (made on February 15) finally changed from "Application form has been submitted" to "Application is currently checking."

I am an American applicant for a 2-year Chinese language scholarship.

I think I goofed up in my application in putting Harbin Inst. Tech. as my first choice, as I think they may not even have CSC awards for their Chinese language program.

My 2nd and 3rd choices were Dalian U. of Tech. and Liaoning Normal U.

The 2013 CSC Scholarship is coming to an end. We have a new topic started for the CSC Scholarship Results - 2013 to discuss scholarship results. Thanks to everyone who participated this year and I hope all the lurkers will join us in the next couple months. If you still have questions about the application process you may post it in the new topic.