Chinese-Forums

Visa

Dan Bang

Hi.

I have tried to call the Chinese Embassy in my country, but nobody is answering the phone. So, I turn to you with my questions about the visa application process.

­- When I send the visa application form can I then enclose copies of the admission notice and the JW202-form - or must it be the original documents? It is namely important that I have these documents with me to China - so, it would be quite a problem if they were lost in the process.

­- In box number 13 - on the application form - which says “purpose of journey and place to visit in China” is it then acceptable if I write “to study at BLCU and travel in China afterwards”? (Can I combine study and travel when I apply for a visa?)

­- And what about box number 14 which says “company or person to visit in China” - can I leave this one untouched?

­- And what is meant by “duration of each stay” in box number 15 - is that how long I intend to stay in China? If yes, how long can I then apply for? Can I apply for longer time than the admission notice “allows”? As said, I wish to travel afterwards.

I’m hoping to hear from you as soon as possible.

typically you apply for a visa after you have been accepted to a school, at least that was my case.

once you are accepted the school will send you a partially completed application with the fields you were mentioning already filled in.

this was my experience with BLCU, don't know 'bout other schools.

also, i think the visa office is good about returning documents. they returned all the documents that i submited when i recieved my visa stamp.