Chinese-Forums

How to join the Chinese army?

AznYong

It is a little known fact that the Netherlands are, in fact, a secret province of China. "Netherlands" means Middle Lands. Just like 中国 means Middle Lands or Middle Kingdom.

In order to preserve the secrecy, the Chinese label the country 荷兰, for the same reasons that the western countries all inaccurately call it Holland. Don't give the game away!

The authorities know what is going on! The fist thing Hu Jintao briefed Xi Jinping on today was the Netherlands. Luckily the Japanese don't know yet, or they will claim the Netherlands, too.

Clearly the Amsterdam lax drug laws are a communist plot. And they make tasteless cheese. Ever been to a Dutch restaurant? Don't.

But they selflessly offer themselves as cannon fodder in the name of the Dutch mother country - China!

(That was sarcasm)

• Like 1

I never claimed joining without citizenship was possible. Actually my latest post explicitly says the reverse.

The kid never said whether he has Chinese citizenship or not.

Lastly he's barely more than a child. Children know little and ask the most surprising question. Of course foreign kids of Chinese origin have asked this kind of question to Chinese embassies before.

[edit] I'm not saying the embassy will find a way for him to join. Only it's the most authoritative source of information available to him (especially about citizenship aspects) short of going to china.

I'm not saying the embassy will find a way for him to join. Only it's the most authoritative source of information available to him

Actually they only update the embassy websites about once every ten years, if the chicken entrails lie in a favourable direction. Relying on Chinese embassy / consulate websites is one way to get things very wrong.

• New Members

@edelweis @liuzhou Please stop commenting on this topic. Both comments are useless. The question is clear enough. Serious This is a forum, I just ask a serious question. By the way dude "I BORN in The Netherlands" .. ofcourse Dutch Nationality.

By the way dude "I BORN in The Netherlands" .. ofcourse Dutch Nationality.

I was born in Paris. Just to be near my mother. I don't have French nationality.

You were defiantly claiming to be Chinese. Now you admit you are Dutch.

Can you answer the question I asked before? Why would the PLA (Chinese army) want to recruit a foreigner when there are millions of potential Chinese recruits?

@liuzhou Please stop commenting on this topic.

No.

• Like 1

I don't think that he is strictly a foreign national in how the PRC's defines it.

also, he is ethnically Chinese (a second generation immigrant), and (at least in the US, and as I understand it in many European countries) many people in his position are not fully assimilated in the society or accepted as true Americans.

from what I understand, a person born abroad to Chinese parents is considered a Chinese citizen, as long as he gives up his foreign citizenship. I'm pretty sure the rule is more complicated than this, but someone at the Chinese embassy can help on this matter.

as to why the PLA would be interested in a foreign born citizen should be abundantly clear. some uses could be linguistic skills (not sure how many PLA officer have.native fluency in dutch), intelligence gathering, diplomatic mission.

whether it's a good idea to join the PLA is a decision for the guy to make. what might sound crazy to you, may be a good option for another.

on a related note, the US military accepts non-citizens to enlist, and fight in our war. many do it for the pay, as a path to citizenship, or out of conviction.

• Like 1

from what I understand, a person born abroad to Chinese parents is considered a Chinese citizen

No.

not sure how many PLA officer have.native fluency in dutch

Not sure how much the PLA need native fluency in Dutch. I don't think it's one of their priorities. The entire Netherlands is smaller than most Chinese cities, and diplomatic missions etc are a whole different department.

"not sure how many PLA officer have.native fluency in dutch"

None, because they don't need any. And if they do need any, they'll get some smart and reliable high school or college graduate from CHINA and train him up.

Even 许三多 could see this is going nowhere.

@liuzhou France is not Holland... Paris is in France not in Holland the rules are different.

Funny thing is that for nationality, France follows ius soli (right of the soil) and the Netherlands ius sanguinis (right of blood), so both of the examples you guys gave aren't representative of the general rules.

You were defiantly claiming to be Chinese. Now you admit you are Dutch.

They are not exclusive. Having Dutch nationality does not exclude that one also has other nationalities. Actual nationality has little or no relation to the nationalities one is entitled too.

But having Chinese citizenship does.

Don't know the Chinese law, but I'm not sure or this is enforceable. Many countries grant citizenship, or at least entitlement to citizenship, if born in that country. Not every country allows you to drop their nationality. So unless you don't grant citizenship to children born outside the country dual nationality may in some cases be unavoidable.

Don't know the Chinese law

Chinese law is quite straightforward on the subject. Anyone who gains citizenship of another country loses their Chinese citizenship. You can not simultaniously be a citizen of China and another country.

Of course, being China, the law is not always enforced how you would expect. In particular, many former Chinese citizens don't tell China that they have gained another citizenship, hoping to gain the benefits of both. The Chinese government then, even once it becomes aware of their foreign nationality, sometimes chooses to treat them as Chinese citizens (particularly if they do something wrong in China), even though according to Chinese law they are foreigners.

Edit: Also, a child born to two Chinese citizens who live in another country has that country's nationality, and is not Chinese.

France is not Holland... Paris is in France not in Holland the rules are different.

And China is not Holland. The rules are different.

You can't join the Chinese army.

• Like 1

There is no shortage of recruits

According to this article from yesterday's Global Times, there is.

Deng Yongjun, a military recruitment official in Central China's Hunan Province, feels his job has become more difficult than ever this year.

"There are far fewer applicants than in previous years," Deng told the Global Times, noting that only about 50 people signed up, compared to twice that figure five years ago.

However, they still aren't going to recruit foreign nationals.