Chinese-Forums

Chinese movies on Lovefilm

roddy

I picked up a 6 month Lovefilm Instant subscription for £10, thanks to Groupon - the deal is still on for another day if anyone's interested. (UK only though)

I thought I'd check out what Chinese stuff they had, and while it's definitely not massive, there's enough there to maybe make it worth while for someone who wants to check out some Chinese films but struggles with getting hold of them.Red Sorghum, Infernal Affairs (and II and III), Crouching Tiger, Hero, Shaolin Soccer (worth a tenner itself), In the Mood for Love AND 2046 (and As Tears Go By and Days of Being Wild), Not One Less, forums feel-good favourite Beijing Bicycle, quite a few Jackie Chan movies. 68 in total, under World Cinema > Chinese.

It's not stellar by any means, but maybe worth doing the 30 day free trial to check some out, or making the 10 quid deal more worthwhile. The ones I've tried have English subs (In the Mood for Love, CTHD), which you can't turn off, or are dubbed (Shaolin Soccer)

Netflix, after a quick look, seems to have a much smaller selection of Chinese movies.

That all applies to the UK, although I'd imagine Lovefilm has a similar selection in the US? [edit: seems Lovefilm might not even exist in the US? I thought it was an Amazon thing...]