Chinese-Forums

Does China's culture of cheating start in kindergarden?

sthubbar

I was googling for CsC scholarship result and somehow found this website, then when I look around I saw this thread and I'm not surprised about this matter. I just want to share my experience here living and studying for 3 years in China, studying master degree in Wuhan University (people claim this is one of the best univ so i came here).

In short, this has been a horrible experience not only all my professor can't speak English (although all of them claimed they have been studying in English speaking country for 3 years or more). Most of the classes are pointless and most of my classmates are cheating though every exams and papers, and whenever I tried to have an economic discussion it doesn't seem they know anything other than the country's GDP. Since last year I've been working as a teaching assistant for some "international classes". Not only the professor often slacks from normal classes but he also went away on the exams and ask me to cover for him. Then afterwards he asked me to grade the exams and didn't even check the content and the grades when i hand it over. I asked him "Sir, you're not going to check it?" "No need I trust you". I can understand why he asked me to take over the exam and grades the paper, maybe he was actually busy and he trust my capability however he didn't even bother to check the results and just left.

The people on my school gym also acting like douches, they throw away stuff and the weight on purpose to make loud noises. Not even doing it with the right posture or stance, some people also spit on the gym floor and after workout they take off the clothes and twist it and let the water poured all over on the floor. I thought they behave like this because well its a gym, sometimes boys act stupid for some kind of machismo then on one day I saw a gym extracurricular class and I see their teacher and he act like them.

After that day I realize why these people on the gym behave like that, even their teacher is doing the same and they looked up to him. I think there are something seriously wrong with Chinese education and I think it might be better if you send your kids to your home country or at least to some kind of foreign school.

• Like 1