Chinese-Forums

Where to Start with Chinese Music

videlity

Hi everyone,

I feel like listening to some Chinese music could be beneficial for learning Chinese.

Right now, I probably know about 800-1000 characters or so, maybe around HSK4 level?

I'm just not really sure where to start with listening to Chinese music or where to find it.

I've only listened to a couple of Chinese songs and I like these ones:

A-Lin以前,以後完整版

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEnYfb9B6Vs 夏天的风/温岚

Any help/recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks!

You should check out 豆瓣音乐 (Douban Music). It focuses a bit more on indie acts than the acts that are currently very popular right now, but it features a greater range of genres than, say, 虾米音乐网.

I should add that I believe the genre most suited for beginning to intermediate learners is 民谣 (Western-style folk music). Often the songs are fairly slow and there won't be a lot of instrumentation to obscure the singer's voice. The lyrics tend to be a bit more interesting and varied than the ones found in pop songs. When you reach an advanced level, rap is also a good choice.

Awesome link from count_zero, I think you can also dive into Chinese music that is pretty popular right now by watching the recently(-ish) finished 中国好声音, since that show aired I think I have heard 我的歌声里 close to a hundred times, and 王妃 in KTV almost as many times haha.

• Like 1