Chinese-Forums

Short - term accommodation in Harbin (7 weeks)

giusi

Personally, for that length of time I'd either negotiate a deal on a hotel, or look for a serviced apartment. If you're seeing cheap monthly rents in Harbin, bear in mind those are almost certainly for year long leases and you're going to struggle to match those prices for seven weeks. You might get lucky and find a landlord willing to do it at a reasonable premium, but I think it's much more likely you spend a week or two trudging around in the cold trying to sort it out and then end up in a hotel anyway.

The university dorms might let you in early if they have a spare room.

There are hostels in Harbin if that's your thing. If not, you could probably find a cheap hotel away from the city center for 50-100 a night, assuming your Chinese is good enough. Don't expect anything lavish, though.

I stayed in one of their furnshed flats (Summer 2008) and it was really pretty nice. Convenient, modern, with a view of the Songhua River. Near a shopping center, restaruants, gym and cinema.

For a serviced flat, it will cost from 80 rmb to 200 rmb per day. There are are some more serviced flats in the same building with Mandarin Workshop and around it. There are four tall buildings around it. If you are not so picky guy, 100 rmb per day serviced flat will do.

• 4 weeks later...