Chinese-Forums

Where to live advice

self-taught-mba

is it better to live in Zhongshan Park or is it better to live in People's Square area? What would you see the differences are? For me the most important thing is to be close to the pool and a gym and that is preferably within short distance of these two areas because that's where I picked up in the morning. Another question is parking available at these two areas for a bicycle? Is it watched or is it just to be put there and be stolen? I could live between the two. I have membership with Wills (Not that it is a recommendation, given the runaround they gave me) and conceivable anywhere close to one would be good. But I could look at anything I suppose given the other factors.

Additional considerations:

>I work in Huacao (about 15 km ride from Zhongshan)

>Bike is my preferred transport

>I can't walk well after foot/ankle surgeries so proximity to food/shopping/xiaochi/other conveniences is a factor.

>miss the uni scene in BJ and wouldn't mind it here-language partner if I ever have time + easy hired help

>not on the prowl, but somewhere where I could meet some female friends without having to walk/stand

>don't really do the bar/club/expat restaurant thing

Thanks for the advice guys.

Thanks, you know the cost of that by any chance? I actually don't like ZSP, but it is close to a pool and near my work bus. HAve you lived there? How did you find it? I've only been a few times and am limited in my roving.

• 3 months later...

I'd recommend you look around in a few neighbourhoods to see how you like them, as I understand you can't walk well at the moment but biking is fine? As to supermarkets and 小卖部, I would ask the landlord/renting agency for advice when looking at specific apartments.