Chinese-Forums

Any good chinese medicine for sore throat?

Andrea.dispe

Hi all,

anybody knows a good chinese name of some medicine for the sore throat. I went to the pharmacy and bought some pills they gave me but they give some slepiness and I do not trust them at all.

I would need something as spray or else, dunno.

Thank you for all info you can provide me!

In addition to the Golden lozenges mentioned by Imron above, these (pictures below) are popular here and easy to find. Several brands of the same medicine exist, and none require a prescription. They are herbal, and intended for a simple sore throat that is scratchy and mildly uncomfortable, such as one might get from reading out loud too much or being a karaoke star. They are not appropriate if your problem is more serious (for example a strep throat infection.) You don't swallow them whole, you let them dissolve in your mouth.

post-20301-0-73857000-1362272160_thumb.jpg post-20301-0-83135100-1362272185_thumb.jpg

post-20301-0-62827400-1362272214_thumb.jpg

Just a quick note to say that the Golden Throat Lozenge packaging has been redesigned. They are also now available in different flavours.

I also recommend them, but they are made here in Liuzhou and I get free supplies, so I am biased :lol: .

Top: Original Flavour

Bottom (L-R): Mulberry Leaf and Chrysanthemum flavour; Ginseng flavour, Orange flavour, Monk's Fruit (罗汉果) flavour.

golden%20throat.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, i love those golden throat things, when my voice hurt from teaching they would set me right.

I had a sore throat recently but its developed into cough... Has anyone used any Chinese medicine for that? Or knows of western medicine available in local pharmacies?

Thanks!