Chinese-Forums

Buying Heisig in China (Beijing)

Tianjin42

Just a quick query: has anyone managed yet to buy Remembering the Simplified Hanzi in Beijing?

I had a few issues with delivery of things of late so rather than ship over I thought I should be able to pick the book up out here. After a few searches on the forum and a few calls to Beijing bookshops (including the bookworm) it seems not.

The google play store and kindle don't stock it. I am happy to pay legally for a copy if you know of a reputable download even.

Cheers

I find and download a PDF file called remembering simplified hanzi – book 1, which has 67 pages. If this is what you are looking for, you can send me a private message to tell me your email or other contact ways. I will send the PDF to you.

• Like 1

I think what Andy is.talking about is the free preview, which contains the first couple of sections.

After I bought a hard copy of the simplified and Japanese books, I downloaded a copy of the traditional version to see if I can get into, but decided against that and deleted the file.

the morale of the story, if you can't find a legit copy to buy, I'm pretty sure you can download a copy using bittorrent.

• Like 1

No discussion of pirated study material thanks. T&C's for further info, linked below the reply box. Email an admin if you have any queries.

What might be worth trying is an ad in thebeijinger, offering to buy a second hand copy - there must be hundreds unused around the city.

Most Chinese bookstores only stock domestic teaching materials, not foreign-published ones.

That being said, I think that I've seen a copy in Page One - the big bookshop in Guomao.

Alternative, the Foreign Languages Bookstore in Wangfujing has some foreign-published learning chinese books (but there's in a completely different section from the domestically published ones)

Downstairs in the Xidan bookstore is another option - I've seen some of the Tuttle materials there. (Once again, this is completely separate from their domestic published material, which is up on the 3rd floor)