Chinese-Forums

洗浴 - The Cure for Jetlag

xuexiansheng

I'll be flying into Shanghai next week to start my month-long trip. I'm sure I will be jet lagged the first few days. (not as young as I once was... :wink:) Anyone know of a good 洗浴/桑拿(Bathhouse/Sauna) in Shanghai?

If it was close to transport (I'll be on the subway) and maybe out in the suburbs (quieter), that would be great too! Thanks

maybe he just wants a place where he can go to relax for a day or two before he really starts his trip. every time i do the trip from london to qingdao, i always feel like booking a decent hotel before i have to go back to my shitty dorm...i never do it though.

@thrice12- You guessed correctly! Last year when I went to Chongqing, (18+hrs of flying in 36hrs) really took the it out of me. I had to push myself to take advantage of my limited time in Chongqing. I found a good massage helped recover my stamina and then I was off for the rest of my trip.

@anonymoose- Thanks, I'll ask them if the forums don't come through with a recommendation. :)

WRT beating Jet Lag, the latest seems to be fasting before arrival:

http://harpers.org/b...o-beat-jet-lag/

[...]

"Fortunately, in the past few years a team from Harvard and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston has concocted a more elegant remedy: the anti–jet lag fast. The international traveler, they counsel, can avoid jet lag by simply not eating for twelve to sixteen hours before breakfast time in the new time zone—at which point, as in Ehret’s diet, he should break his fast. Since most of us go twelve to sixteen hours between dinner and breakfast anyway, the abstention is a small hardship."

[...]

Dianping is indeed an excellent website, used to use it a lot for restaurants - link your mobile phone and you can have addresses, vouchers and recommended dishes sent to your phone with a couple of clicks. I haven't used it for a couple of years, but I never noticed any spam.