Chinese-Forums

Adding caller ID to a China Mobile phone number?

drungood

I'm not at all sure it's a SIM card problem. I've had several China Mobile SIM cards over the years and the way it seems to work for me is that if I have previously stored the caller's name and number in my phone, the caller's name show's up when he or she calls.

If someone else is calling for the first time, when my phone rings it doesn't show "Mr. Wang" or "Great Wall Travel," it just displays a number.

abcdefg, caller ID is the number itself. If it doesn't get transmitted to his friend's phone, it can neither show "Mr. Wang" nor the number.

Sim cards themselves have nothing to do with this issue. If it's not a phone issue, it's the provider's issue - give them a call. I don't know if they speak English, though.

You can also do it online. Go to 10086.cn, choose the province/city where you bought the number, log in (请登录, if you do not know your 服务密码, you can select 动态密码, then you click on 获得短信密码 and they send the code to your phone. After you‘re logged in, in the top menu you choose 网上营业厅,then in the menu on the left you go over to 业务办理 and it will show you all the offered services, you have to select 来电显示 (in the category 语音通讯类) after you click on 来电显示, there will be a table with the current status of this service, in the very last column (操作) you can click on 开通,a small window pops up where you have to click 确认 and then it's done, I think.

For some reason, some places just sell their sim cards with the 来电显示 service turned off by default. It's happened to me a few times, too.

Good luck!

• Like 3