Chinese-Forums

2 L Visa Questions

kico28

• New Members

Hello everyone,

Thanx for answering my previous question. Now I currently have two other ones; perhaps you can help me out:

1. I hear it's hard to get the 90 day stay L visa. What is the best way for me to get this 90 day stay L visa (# of entries & validity time doesn't matter, 3 month is fine)? Any tips, suggestions, pointers, important info?

2. For sections 2.8 and 2.9 of the L visa App, what do I put if I'm being invited by a family? Do I answer one and leave the other blank? Or do I put the same info on each one (given that my "inviter 2.8" and my "contact person in China 2.9" are the same people)?

Thank you so much for your help, it means so much!!!!

Kico (Sarasota, Florida, USA)

Relevant info:

I'm being invited by a Chinese family and I'm wanting to stay for 82 days. I'm visiting 3 cities (Beijing, Shanghai, and Pingxiang, where the fam lives). My consulate will be the Houston one. I'm leaving in the summer. First time China visit. I'm a poor college student.

p.s. Is there such thing as a 1 entry, 3 month validity, 90 day stay L visa? I haven't come across one on the internet. It seems that anytime a visa has a 90 day stay it usually is accompanied by 6 month + validity and more than 1 entry. Am I wrong?

hi,

1) the Chinese consulate in Houston usually gives a 90 day tourist visa without problems. You just need to provide the right documents, which in this case are invitation letter, confirmation of accommodation and if you want to make 100% sure also your flight confirmation (usually in the USA they do not ask for this, but in some rare cases they do).

2) Even after looking through about a thousand applications I haven't learned the numbering of the questions by heart yet, so if you provided the questions I could help you, but not just with the question number.

PS: yes there is

• New Members

Thank you so much for your help!

The section questions are the following:

Residence(s) and phone number(s) during your stay in China (in a time sequence)

Name, address and phone number of your inviter or contact unit in China

Name, address, phone number of your relative, friend or contact person in China

Do I put the same info for all three sections?

Thanx again!

Kico

I hear it's hard to get the 90 day stay L visa. What is the best way for me to get this 90 day stay L visa (# of entries & validity time doesn't matter, 3 month is fine)? Any tips, suggestions, pointers, important info?

@zhouhaochen knows more about this than I do, but I usually get my visa at the Houston consulate and would suggest applying for a one year, multiple entry visa, with duration of each stay being 90 days. They are typically generous with them as long as you don't require rush service.

Such a visa costs no more than a shorter visa and with one of these you will be covered if you decide to make another China trip within the year-long validity period. You also don't have to worry about deciding last minute to take a short trip to Hong Kong or some such nearby place and then re-entering the mainland.

(It is question 2.2 on the L visa application form.)