Chinese-Forums

Would someone like to look over my homework?:)

Claes666

• New Members

Hello, I’m new to this forum. My name is Claes and i attend one of the very few high schools in my country that offer Chinese as a second language. We use to get homework from our teacher that she will use together with the tests when she is going to set grades in the end of the semester. I usually have a Chinese friend at school to look over, give me advice og correct mistakes i did, but he is traveling around in his home country now so i figured i could try you guysJ I will upload the whole word file, it is 4 tasks and it would be good If someone could correct me and give me advice. I’m pretty unsure on task 3 and completely clueless on task 4. Write in red direct in the file and upload it again or write it in the forum. Up to you.

I have been a passive reader at this forum until today and I’ve learned a lot here.

Task 1.docx

• New Members

Hi Claes,

I simply correct the task, if you have any question, feel free to ask me.

Task 1:

a) 你几岁 ni ji suì? (How old are you?)

我 今年 十八 岁, 但2014年三月二十一日就19岁了。 (I am 18 this year, but turn 19 21 march 2014)

b) 今天是几月几号? (Today is which day of the month)??? (Not sure here)

今天是2013年四月二十八号 (Today is 28.04.2013)

Usually if you’re asking about the date, we don’t usually put the year, only month and day.

Task 3:

Chī hěn bǎo.

Task 4:

Túpiàn zhōng, yǒuyī wèi māmā hé sì gè xiǎohái. Māmā zuòzhe pángbiān kàn xiǎohái wán yóuxì, xiǎo hái zǐ wán de hěn kāixīn.

Best Regards,

Irene Lin.

Well let's just paste that stuff here so people don't have to open Word files.

Task 1:

Answer the questions on chinese

我 今年 十八 岁, 但 成为 十九 二 十一 三月二千十四 (I am 18 this year, but turn 19 21 march 2014)

今天是二十八四月二千十三 (Today is 28.04.2013)

Task 2:

Read the following text and consider if the following statesment are correct or wrong. Justify your answer. Write on english.

王明是中国人,他和爸爸,妈妈住在挪威(zhù zài nuó wēi).

王明每天骑车(qí chē)上学,他有很多好朋友,他们一起玩,夏天踢足球(tī zú qiú), 游泳(yóu yǒng), 冬天滑雪(huá xuě), 溜冰(liū bīng).

a) Wang Ming is going at school in Norway.

True. (王明每天骑车上学) She rides a bicycle to attend school And since it is written in the start that she lives in Norway with her parents, is natural to think that she attend school here, and not in some other country.

b) Wang Ming’s parents lives in China.

Wrong. (他和爸爸,妈妈住在挪威) As it is written in the text, Wang Ming lives with her parents in Norway.

c) Wang Ming has a lot of friends.

True. (他有很多好朋友) The text says that Wang Ming has a lot of good friends)

d) Wang Ming likes sport.

True. (他们一起玩,夏天踢足球, 游泳, 冬天滑雪, 溜冰) The text says that Wang Ming plays with her friends. Playing soccer, swimming at the summer and skiing and ice skating at the winter. Since she is doing all this things, it’s natural to think that she like sports.

Task 3:

Write what.you.usually eat during the day. Use the words below in your sentences.

早餐zǎo cān, 午餐wǔ cān, 晚饭wǎn fàn

牛奶niú nǎi, 果汁guǒ zhī, 水shuǐ, 蔬菜shū cài, 水果shuǐ guǒ,

面包miàn bāo, 面条miàn tiáo, 米饭mǐ fàn,肉ròu, 鱼yú, 鸡jī.

Zǎocān wǒ tōngcháng chī yànmài hé táng yǔ guìpí. Wǒ yě hē niúnǎi yǔ guǒ zhī. Wǔ cān wǒ shī shū cài, shuǐ guǒ, miàn bāo yǔ miàn tiáo. Wǒ shì hěn bǎo. Wǎn fàn wǒ chī mǐ fàn bāokuò gōngniúròu, yú

yěxǔ. Wǒ hē shuǐ

Task 4:

Write a few sentences in Chinese based on the picture below.

30jjtxx.png

Here I’m pretty blank. Need some advice.

Task 1:

Answer the questions on chinese

我 今年 十八 岁, 但二零十四年三月二十一日成为十九歲。 (I am 18 this year, but turn 19 21 march 2014) Adverbs always precede verbs. 0 in a year is 零. 年, 月, 日 must always be present in a date. The unit 歲 must be present in an age. 成為 is weird, but legal.

今天是四月二十八(日/號) (Today is 28.04.2013) Chinese dates are usually in the format (YYYY年)MM月DDD日/號. You may say MM月DDD when omitting the year, but it might be confused with the lunar calendar.

Task 2:

Read the following text and consider if the following statesment are correct or wrong. Justify your answer. Write on english.

王明是中国人,他和爸爸,妈妈住在挪威(zhù zài nuó wēi).

王明每天骑车(qí chē)上学,他有很多好朋友,他们一起玩,夏天踢足球(tī zú qiú), 游泳(yóu yǒng), 冬天滑雪(huá xuě), 溜冰(liū bīng).

a) Wang Ming is going at school in Norway.

True. (王明每天骑车上学) She ? rides a bicycle to attend school And since it is written in the start that she lives in Norway with her parents, is natural to think that she attend school here, and not in some other country. 明 is usually a male name.

b) Wang Ming’s parents lives in China.

Wrong. (他和爸爸,妈妈住在挪威) As it is written in the text, Wang Ming lives with her parents in Norway.

c) Wang Ming has a lot of friends.

True. (他有很多好朋友) The text says that Wang Ming has a lot of good friends)

d) Wang Ming likes sport.

True. (他们一起玩,夏天踢足球, 游泳, 冬天滑雪, 溜冰) The text says that Wang Ming plays with her friends. Playing soccer, swimming at the summer and skiing and ice skating at the winter. Since she is doing all this things, it’s natural to think that she like sports.

Task 3:

Write what.you.usually eat during the day. Use the words below in your sentences.

早餐zǎo cān, 午餐wǔ cān, 晚饭wǎn fàn

牛奶niú nǎi, 果汁guǒ zhī, 水shuǐ, 蔬菜shū cài, 水果shuǐ guǒ,

面包miàn bāo, 面条miàn tiáo, 米饭mǐ fàn,肉ròu, 鱼yú, 鸡jī.

Zǎocān wǒ tōngcháng chī yànmài hé táng yǔ guìpí. If you mean "oatmeal" then more common is 麥片. Things mixed in food would be better preceded by 加. Wǒ yě hē niúnǎi yǔ guǒ zhī. Wǔ cān wǒ chī? shū cài, shuǐ guǒ, miàn bāo yǔ miàn tiáo. Wǒ shì hěn bǎo. 飽 is a stative verb. No copula needed. Wǎn fàn wǒ chī mǐ fàn bāokuò 包括 is "including." After 包括 has to be some kind of 米飯 or it won't make sense. gōngniúròu What's that? Why not write Chinese?, yú

yěxǔ What's that?. Wǒ hē shuǐ Awkward attempt at using all the words, but that's the tasks's fault.

Task 4:

Write a few sentences in Chinese based on the picture below.

30jjtxx.png

Here I’m pretty blank. Need some advice. Whenever I'm asked to do this, I just describe the picture. People, setting, what they seem to be doing, etc.

• Like 4

I am travelling too so can't spend much time here.

二零十四年三月二十一日成为十九歲。

It should be either 2014 or 二零一四. 成为十九歲 is not ok, use 就十九了instead.

• New Members

Thank you so much guys, tried the last one too. But think its all wrong.

Admin Note: Instead of posting a document for people to download, it would be much easier for people if you just copy and paste the text into the body of your post, which I've now done below.

Zhèi shì èr gè fùnǚ, èr gè nánhái yǔ yī gè nǚháir. Tāmen hěn kāixīn. Tāmen yóuxì.

Qípán hěn tōngsú Zhōngguó. Xiàngqí hěn tōngsú Zhōngguó. Xiàngqí fāmíng bābǎi gōngyuán.

• New Members

Ahh, sorry offcourse.

Zhèi shì èr gè fùnǚ, èr gè nánhái yǔ yī gè nǚháir. Tāmen hěn kāixīn. Tāmen yóuxì.

Qípán hěn tōngsú Zhōngguó. Xiàngqí hěn tōngsú Zhōngguó. Xiàngqí fāmíng bābǎi gōngyuán.

• New Members

how to type the pinyin with the tone symbol as clases666 did? what software or ime .

don't use er ge, It must be “liang ge”。when the single 2 is followed by one unit such as “个” “斤” “米”

the 2 should be called “两”

两个人

三十二个人

tamen youxi should be “tamen zai wan youxi”

here “youxi” is a noun ,you need add one verb “玩”

zai(“在”) means present continuous tense

游戏 game

玩(wan) play

在玩(zai wan) be playing

Right, skylee. I missed that.

Zhè Few people would have a problem if you say zhèi, but I'm going to be prescriptive here and encourage 普通話. shì 兩 before counters. gè fùnǚ, gè nánháir yǔ yī gè nǚháir. Tāmen hěn kāixīn. Tāmen yóuxì. Usually, 遊戲 is a noun which one plays (玩). Or consider putting 在 in front of it.

Qípán hěn tōngsú Zhōngguó. 棋盤在中國很普遍。Adpositional (or prepositional) phrases must have adpositions. In this case I recommend 在. Furthermore, they're usually in front of the verb. (Most teachers would say it's wrong to put an adpositional phrase after the verb.) Xiàngqí Zhōngguó hěn tōngsú. Why not put this sentence before the sentence about 棋盤? Xiàngqí gōngyuán bābǎi 年 fāmíng. An adposition is needed. 年 is required after years. 公元 goes before dates. If not, chess will be inventing 800 parks (Why not write Chinese?). Why not put this sentence before the sentence about 棋盤?

• Like 2

We use to get homework from our teacher that she will use together with the tests when she is going to set grades in the end of the semester.
I find this a bit strange: doesn't the teacher correct your homework before giving you the test? IMO it's not right to judge people on exercises, surely that's when you get to make mistakes that are later corrected.

• New Members

Task 4

图中有两个大人和三个小孩,他们在玩一种中国小孩很流行的游戏,飞行棋。虽然他们的游戏很简单,但是从小孩的脸蛋上我们可以看出他们很开心。

There are 2 adults and 3 children in the picture.They are playing flying chess which popular in chinese children,Though the game they play is very simple,we can see the happiness in the children's face.

So, that's Aeroplane Chess. Does the teacher expect you to identify that? I couldn't.

It's pretty common practice to include exercises when calculating the final grade, at a lower weight. It encourages care while not being devastating if you screw up.