Chinese-Forums

looking for 《非洲》documentary

yangz

Ok, I am just going to throw this out there and hope I will get something.

I am looking for this movie 《非洲》 that I saw as a kid in China. It is a documentary about african wildlife. This foriegn made movie was shown during 1978 or 1979, I think. I looked online for more information about the movie without much success. The chinese title is 《非洲》. It could have a different title in english. If I could find out the company or the country that produced this movie, maybe the information will help me to get a copy of the movie somewhere. Thanks.

If I remember correctly, the first image in the movie was the shadow of an African elephant moving closer.

If only I have more information to narrow that down. I know this is a foriegn-made film. It could be a british made film like one of those Anglia survival wildlife documentaries. It was pretty obscure film but it was the first time I saw images of wildlife in Africa and I fell in love with it. I will keep digging and hopefully I will find more information about this film.

• New Members

Are you sure it is just 《非洲》,not 《野性非洲》、《狂野非洲》、《非洲-野生篇》or anything like that? If it is online you would be able to find it on http://movie.douban.com/ or on the CNTV documentary page: (http://jishi.cntv.cn/nettv/documentary/letters/zimujiansuoye/index.shtml)

Yeah, it was just《非洲》. I checked other titles you provided and they are all came up as documentaries that were made recently. During late 70s in China, not too many foriegn films were imported into China, especially right after cultural revolution. So I thought it would be easy to track it down. Nonetheless it is not. And I don't think it was a TV show. I saw in a theatre during a school trip.