Chinese-Forums

What's the Chinese word for "rollerblade" or &quot

Chunn

I found one from a dictionary

"rollerskate ~ 有輪溜冰鞋"

That was a long noun phrase,

is there any word shorter or even just a single word.

And if the "rollerskate" as a verb,

then what the Chinese word should be?

as a sport as a verb as shoes

rollerblade 轮滑 滑轮滑 轮滑鞋

rollerskate 旱冰(or溜冰) 滑旱冰(or溜冰) 旱冰鞋(or溜冰鞋)

Actually, as a northerner, I would always try not to use 溜冰 or 溜冰鞋,Cause seems that some people can never tell 溜冰 from 滑冰(iceskate).

滚轴溜冰 ,as a sport name, is also acceptable on the Mainland(well,

at least in Beijing), but used to refer to both rollerblading and rollerskating. It is the same case with 滚轴溜冰鞋.

If you mention about 轮滑鞋, but the Chinese you are talking to can not get you, explain to him by "就是那种单排轮的旱冰鞋"!

Here is a mini conversation:

A我想买一双轮滑鞋。

B轮滑鞋?什么轮滑鞋?

A就是那种单排轮的旱冰鞋。

In Taiwan the term is pretty much analagous to inline skating, 直排輪運動 for the verb rollerblading, 直排輪鞋 for rollerblades. I don't know if it was a big deal on the mainland, but if you say 轮滑鞋 in Taiwan you might end up with those dumb sneakers with the pop-out wheel in the heel that crappy K-Pop bands made wildly popular for a brief while.

One of my greatest moments of Zen in Taipei was watching a bratty 12 year old zoom through 忠孝復興 station, nearly knocking me over, only to fall flat on his ass when he forgot to retract his wheel as he got on the escaltor.

:mrgreen:

This kind of difference among Mainland, Taiwan and HK seems make Chinese language students feel like they have to learn 3 language in the same time! :-?

I'm thinking about another one, I can't name it even in English at the moment, it is a small board with wheels under and there is a post up from the front of the board with handles. Kids holds the the handles and kick on the ground to go around on the street or square or on any flat playground.

:help