Chinese-Forums

Accommodation at BLCU

Dan Bang

With regard of accommodation what would be wisest to do if you’re going to attend BLCU for a period of only three months?

Is there a good advice when it comes to the different dorms at BLCU? Is it naive to expect that I’m able to find a suitable room (with air-condition and private bathroom) when I arrive at BLCU at the end of this month? What are people’s experiences with sharing a room in one of the dorms?

Thanks in advance!

I seem to be in a similar situation. I am going to be studying at BLCU for the 3 month period starting at the end of March but I really don't want to stay in the dorm rooms. My plan is to arrive before the term starts and look for an apartment near the campus but I honestly don't know how much luck I will have doing this. If you are interested in sharing accomodations outside of the dorms, let me know and perhaps we can do some two-bedroom apartment hunting before the term starts as my friends have told me this can actually be cheaper and quite nicer than staying in the clostrophobic dorms.

Matt

I'm in exactly the same position and I've heard it's generally better to rent an appartment than to stay in University accomodation. If you're looking for people to share/find an appartment, I'd be interested, although I only arrive in Beijing a couple of days before the course starts.

I am going to BCLU in the fall and will be looking for housing . . . please let me know how all of your housing searches go . . . if there are any agents you recommend, neighborhoods/buildings to look at, etc. any advice would be much appreciated.