Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

I applied for the scholarship programme. However, in checking with one of the university that i listed as my choice; they are asking me for application identification number. To the best of my knowledge there was no number on my form or given any after submitting to the embassy. your assistance is needed in locating such number on the application should i be looking in the wrong place!

Pretty sure they wouldn't issue you an application number. If you check with schools individually they should have a list of names if you are accepted. If they have already produced a list of CSC scholarships at a university and your name is not on the list, then you probably didn't get it.

1) What is your native country? Indonesia

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia with letter acceptance from zhejiang university

3) When did you apply? 5th Jan 13

4) When was the deadline? 30th march 13

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time

6) What program did you apply for? One year advance language program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Zhejiang University 2. zhejiang University 3. Tianjin university

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Zhejiang university

10) Where did you get your physical done? Local hospital in Jakarta

11) How did you get your documents notarized? All documents notarized by my university

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? No I don't have

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? No information yet, embassy said they will contact the awardees list on August ( on 25th march they confirm that I made into their list to be sent along others to csc Beijing)

14) How were you notified? Not yet

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Not yet

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Not yet

@Shuoshuo When i applied 1st time my HE commission nominated me and sent my name for final approval.During those days Chines PM was on official visit to Pakistan.The chines embassy announced that they will offer 500 scholarships for Pakistani students and my HE commission sent around 465 students name list to CSC for selection but when the result came out the official from culture center told me that they received only 145 student list who got scholarship and i was not on that list.I agree about special favor to some Gov personnel.

• Like 1

1. What is your native country? USA

2. Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

3. When did you apply? Mid to late march

4. When was the deadline? April 30th, or March 20th, one of those two. I just tried to get it in before March 20th, don't know if it made it since it was being shipped from China.

5. Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6. What program did you apply for? As a Chinese language student for 3 years. I said three years because I am enrolled in the bachelor's program for Chinese as a second language at Sichuan University. I don't know if I should have checked for bachelor's student since I am not studying side-by-side with native speakers in their degrees.

7. What schools did you put for your preferences? Sichuan University, Sichuan University, Sichuan University

8. Did you apply for the schools beforehand? Yes, and am currently enrolled there.

9. What agency number did you use?I guess the Chinese embassy in DC. I don't have a specific one, I just compiled the papers they said they needed and sent to the embassy.

10. Where did you get your physical done? At the entry and exit bureau here in Chengdu. I still sent it in, but my school said that wasn't necessary since I am already here, and they have records of people who already were here getting it without sending it with the rest of the paper work.

11. Where did you get your documents notarized? In addition to my letter of admission, I also sent in a copy of my transcript so far here at Sichuan University, so they were both notarized here.

12. Where did you get your official Chinese red stamps? There are tons of Chinese red stamps, so I have no clue as to which ones you are referring to.

I will update it when I get my results. Hopefully I get them before my visa runs out, so I need to plan in case if I don't get it how I am going to pay my tuition for next semester.

Hi all, would just like to say thanks to everyone in the forum its really helped with the application

1) What is your native country? UK

2) Where did you apply? Mission of the People's Republic of China to the European Union, Belgium

3) When did you apply? Mid March 2013

4) When was the deadline? April 30th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? Two year masters in Law taught in English.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. China University of Political Science and Law

2. Renmin University

3. University of International Business and Economics

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Only to China University of Political Science and Law

9) What agency number did you use? EU Window

10) Where did you get your physical done? Done by family friend who is a doctor.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Local solicitor/notary, charged £96

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? N/A

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Currently in checking

14) How were you notified? Awaiting

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Awaiting

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Awaiting

Don't think I will get the scholarship though as I'm 42, age limit for masters is stated as being 35, but I thought I would give it a go anyway.

However I'm like Horcsog, if I do get it I'm not sure I will be able to make it this year now, does anybody know if you can defer the scholarship for a year if you get it, thanks.

@ Dr.Haseeb Sattar - That's very unfortunate. Well, I really do hope you get it this time. It's such a great experience. Good luck!

@Horcsog - I've heard of people being 'blacklisted' after declining the scholarship (both from the university that accepted you and the CSC). That's because there is a quota and if you're accepted, you fill that quota for the year (which means one person didn't get it because the spot was given to you).

@FredSaidYes - When I was in China, I met a few Masters degree students who were above 40. So if you were nominated by your government or the Chinese Embassy, your application will be considered.

• Like 1

Thanks shuoshuo that's good to hear about being considered, I'm currently in checking so maybe I do have a chance.

And if I do get offered a place I'll just take it and not consider about deferring till next year, don't want to get blacklisted.

Once again thanks, I'd be lost without this forum

• Like 1

• New Members

1) What is your native country? Canada

2) Where did you apply? Alberta Government, Enterprise and Advance Education

3) When did you apply? December 25th 2012

4) When was the deadline? January 3rd 2013

6) What program did you apply for? One year Chinese language studies

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Beijing Normal University. 2. Beijing University. 3. Beijing Language and Culture University.

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? I recieved pre acceptance to Beijing Language and Culture University.

9) What agency number did you use? Government of Alberta

10) Where did you get your physical done? Walk in Clinic here in Canada. cost me $100

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Did not require this?

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Canada post store. Taiwan stamps are prettier :P

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes, there are 5 full scholarships and 10 partial for Alberta. I am the recipient of a full scholarship

14) How were you notified? Through email from the Alberta government

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Application is still checking. but fully accepted by the alberta government on April 8th 2013

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Not accepted yet. But pre-acceptance for Beijing Language and Culture University.

Going to summer school in Taiwan first, then to China Right after.

• New Members

1) What is your native country? U.S.

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

3) When did you apply? Late March

4) When was the deadline? April 30th (I think... Conflicting information)

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Two year language program followed by a five year bachelor's program in Chinese Law.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Zhejiang University 2. Nanjing University 3. FuDan University

9) What agency number did you use? 8401

10) Where did you get your physical done? Family physician in US (did not include x-rays of lungs)

11) How did you get your documents notarized? transcript from my university in the U.S. for free

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps?

The application form is currently checking.

Hi everyone,

I sent an email to the universities to ask about my application and I got an answer from one of them that thay hadn't received it. To be exact: "We cannot find your application information in our system."

Does anyone know if this means that my appication is still being checked by my first choice of schools or does CSC generally send the application to all of them at the same time?

My current status is "checking" so I know that at least someone has received my application.

Thanks!

1) What is your native country? United Kingdom

2) Where did you apply? Mission of the People's Republic of China to the European Union, Belgium

3) When did you apply? End of March

4) When was the deadline? April 30th

6) What program did you apply for? One year language program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Wuhan University 2. Sun Yat-sen University 3. BLCU

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes

9) What agency number did you use? EU Window

10) Where did you get your physical done? Local free medical clinic

11) How did you get your documents notarized? N/A

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? N/A

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? N/A - The application form is currently checking."

14) How were you notified? N/A

15) When were you accepted/rejected? N/A

16) What school and program were you accepted to? N/A

1) What is your native country? United Kingdom

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in London

3) When did you apply? May 10th

4) When was the deadline? Not sure

6) What program did you apply for? One Year Language programme

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Zhejiang University 2. BLCU 3. Central South University

9) What agency number did you use? Manchester Embassy

10) Where did you get your physical done? I got a Physical done when visiting China in Easter 2013

11) How did you get your documents notarized? I didn't really, I got my university to photocopy and put a fresh stamp on the photo-copies

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I didn't

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? N/A - The application form is currently checking."

14) How were you notified?

15) When were you accepted/rejected?

16) What school and program were you accepted to?

Additionally I have recieved the following: No-body else seems to have got this, and im wondering whether it actually means anything. I thought when first recieving it, I pretty much had the scholarship, but now I worry, as it seems (OP) we can be rejected at any stage!

[im]http://i40.tinypic.com/5w0crd.jpg[/img]

1) What is your native country? Germany

2) Where did you apply? Ocean University of China, Qingdao

3) When did you apply? February 2013

4) When was the deadline? March 31st 2013

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? this was the first time

6) What program did you apply for? Master of International Business Program (2 years)

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? only Ocean University as i applied directly there

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? no

9) What agency number did you use? the agency number of the OUC

10) Where did you get your physical done? at a local hospital in Germany

11) How did you get your documents notarized? my german University did this for me as far as degrees and transcripts were concerned

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? didnt get them here in Germany

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Application is still checking... only received an acceptance of the OUC who chose me as candidate for the scholarship, they recommended me to the council and i need to wait for their approval now

14) How were you notified? by email from the International Education Centra of OUC in the beginning of april

15) When were you accepted/rejected? n/a

16) What school and program were you accepted to? n/a

For EU stream candidates, In my impatience, I rang Mr Chen Gong from the embassy and he said that the results will be posted on the website by early June. Unlike the previous years when results were released in July, he said this year will be earlier. Im taking his words with a pinch of salt but fingers crossed!

• Like 1