Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

@Haytham isleem - Don't expect the online status to change. Most of us already know our results yet it's still on 'checking'.

@Lancelot - There was a mention of some students still there, choosing to continue. That might explain the 8 missing on the list.

I applied to Tsinghua for the CSC scholarship and although I haven't looked at a list, I've been accepted and awarded the scholarship. I still haven't received the original documents via post although I have scanned versions as e-mail attachments.

Unfortunately I can't apply for a student visa in South Africa without the original package which might have gotten lost in the mail (I applied to the University directly).

Does the University and/or CSC offer replacement admission packages if the originals were lost in the mail and I have to arrive in Beijing on a tourist visa?

I know you have register with the originals, but I’m scared that if I wait too long for the package to arrive I’ll miss my registration date of 22 Aug…

Please help.

I applied direct to the University for a PhD in Engineering. I was accepted and given full CSC Scholarship, I received the original documents two weeks ago. But I happen to have another full scholarship from the UK. I have decided to accept the UK scholarship.

@Haytham isleem. I received it late in June so I have been waiting for the physical package for a while now. I spoke to my local Embassy and they say they haven't received anything.

I applied through Tsinghua University and not through the Chinese embassy in South Africa so it's a long shot that they would receive it, but they said they would contact me if they did.

If i do decide to go to China without the original documents in hand (on a tourist visa) what are the chances of getting them to issue me original documents (Admission letter/JW201) in China so I can apply for a temporary residence permit...

If the documents did in fact get lost in the mail...

@MockCharge have you tried to contact university? You should ask them if they can resend it to you in case it was lost. I know for sure it's possible to get a tourist visa, then get your jw form from university and applied for residence permit, so many people who had no time to wait their package and were kinda late have done that before.

@haytham isleem I spoke to the university so I'm waiting for them to get back to me about a tracking number in the post. I asked them to resend it but they're waiting for the post office to get back to them, and in the meantime the clock is ticking on my registration date.

I guess they don't want to send it again and have to pay for it twice.

As long as they will be willing to issue me new documents while I'm in China for sure, I think going on a tourist visa would be totally possible for me but I don't know if Tsinghua will issue new documents once I'm there...

hey people i got a question,i just went to embassy in my city and asked them documents that they asking for visa,and they told me i need a committee report from local hospital(and foreigner physical examination form is invalid and outdated,embassy request more blood tests),so tomorrow i will go to hospital to take commitee report and i am considering to print a new foreigner physical form and i will ask that if doctor can fill it alongside committee report,so my question is if i bring both of the foreigner physical forms(the one i sended them in january when i applied for scholarship and the new one)to china,do you think my university will accept it or they will ask new tests because the form i sended to them in january is outdated and new one is invalid?thanks.

• New Members

Hi everyone and congrats to all those who have received scholarship :wink: . Friends I have a questions. I was wondering if someone is diagnosed of jaundice will he be allowed to enter china under CSC programme?? :-?

• New Members

@MockCharge

I had almost the exact same situation as you, but my admission package from Tsinghua/CSC did eventually arrive last week after weeks of no information and the clock ticking away. If it works the same through the Chinese embassy in South Africa as it did for my country, there may be hope yet that your admission package could still arrive. In my case, the CSC sent it to the education office in the PRC embassy, who then sent it to the visa processing office, before they finally posted it to me. This took quite a while and the embassy did not have information about the package until it physically arrived in their office. So all that being said, I have found the Tsinghua ISO are very quick and helpful when replying to emails, and maybe even sending a message to the admin of your program could get it dealt with faster. Hopefully someone at the Tsinghua office can at least reassure you that you can either arrive on a tourist visa (because it would be crazy if they don't have a backup plan for lost packages), or they can give consent for you to register later if you do have to wait for an X-visa. One final thing, this is point 6 in the Approval and Notification Section of the CGS from the CSC website:

CSC will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the candidates through dispatching authorities by July 31st, 2013
So any hiccups along the may have delayed your package past July 31st?

Dear all friends

Firstly , Good luck for accepted students and Best wishes to unluck students

I am informed by the international office at harbin institue of technology that i am accepted before one month and they will send the documents by CSC to my embassy but i have not received anything yet and the embassy told me we did not reseive any thing although each day i call the embassy

So , it takes long time

i believe that the month is finished so when >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ??????????!!!!!!!!!!

As I know the critical day will be 31/7/2013 for the all results

So what about you ?

Does it extend to August ?

I think the status on the application will change from currently checking to accepted only but the documents may be sent to the extended one weel of August

@ AmineAzzane

You should email the international office at each university that you apply and they will guide you and good luck for you

Dear all

I am writting this letter to appreciate your effort especially in the approving of the chinese governmnet scholarships applications so I greet the staff who work at the international office at HIT .

I applied for the scholarship by the palestinian ministry of education that selected and candidated as the top one on my city due to my high academic degrees . Actually , I applied to study the Engineering and projects management at Harbin Institue of technology and my status of the online application on the CSC Website is still remained " Currently Cheching " . Before , two weeks , I contacted the staff by mobile to ask about my status of approved application and ms Cheng Jing informed me good results .

I would like to receive my final admission notice as soon as possible and other necessary douments cause I want to travel early cause I want to travel through Cairo airport that is the only one for the palestinian students who travel through and it is opened partially due to the bad current accidents are happened in Egypt so I want my documents as soon as possible to join in my future university as soon as possible to save my time.

Please , Call the staff at Chinese governmnt scholarships to ask them about the Palestinina quota and inquire from them when will they send the package for the students . However I emailed them but I have not got any response from them due to their intensive effort this month so I appreciate the staff at CSC and HIT for their current intensive effort .

I look forward to informing more details about my package of documents after checking my application in case of accepting me this year and thanks you very much for the chinese people generally for helping the international students from all over the world for permitting them to continue their higher education in great China and especially the Palestinina students who are in a need for these scholarships to achieving their ambitions by continuing the postgraduate stage at the Chinese universities .

I look forward to hearing good news after calling the CSC staff and checking my application and look forward visiting the Harbin institute if technology in the near future

I am very please when you reply to my email and inform me more detail about my documnets cause I am still waitting but I don't have any reply from the staff at CSC

Best wishes ,

Name :

Serial Number of the online application :

Applied to : Chinese governmnet scholarships by MOE

City :

Chosed master program : Engineering and projects management

Current status at CSC website : "Currently cheching "

Mobile : 0097597238972

Email :

Current Occupation : Control Quality Engineer & Inspector & and at Research and studies departement at MOPWH

you should change some of words and submit it for the international office at each university that you selected it by online application