Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

Documents finally came in the mail today.

1) What is your native country? Australia

2) Where did you apply? Through the university of Melbourne and the Chinese consulate

3) When did you apply? Beginning of April

4) When was the deadline? April 15th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this is my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? One year language program followed by a three year Master of International Relations

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Nanjing University 2. Zhejiang University 3. Qinghua University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Chinese consulate in Melbourne

10) Where did you get your physical done? In Nanjing, prior to a semester of language study.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? A notary in Melbourne before I left for China.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I don't believe official Chinese stamps are required to apply. That makes no sense.

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes, full scholarship.

14) How were you notified? By email from Chinese consulate

15) When were you accepted/rejected?Accepted 15th July 2013

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Nanjing university, one year language followed by three year Master of International Relations.

Haytham and anyone else - that letter is far too long and difficult to understand. The people reading it will not be native English speakers, and at this time of year they are very busy. Keep it short and simple.

Shakil, it's very quick and easy to open a bank account, you'll just need your passport. Just open an account at whatever branch they recommend, or whichever is closest. Then do the same next year. It's actually very easy in China, you'll be finished in half an hour at most.

• Like 1

Got the admission letter from BIT yesterday! :D

I'm going to apply for the visa today, but I already have a problem. I scheduled the plane ticket for August 27th but now the university informed me that the dorm won't be available before September 8th.

Guess I have to change the plane ticket, I wonder how much that is going to cost me...

Anyway, can't wait to go to Beijing!

@djandrews70

I am from the UK and applied to EU window and received scholarship. Sure I agree not many Brits seem to get it via EU but at least at UK level there are lots of positions up for grabs via universities etc. Don't give up, no harm to apply next year!

I really appreciate all the feedback I've gotten from everyone on this forum so I won't rave on about this any longer.

Would just like to know if anyone applied for their scholarship without going through their local embassy like I did and received their admission letter?

Did they send the admission letters to your home address? (This is the address that I gave the University)

@shakilmahtab - Students heading to other cities will leave as soon as possible. Last time I was there, I arrived Beijing in the evening and they arranged my train ticket for the following morning. If you want to stay in Beijing for 3 days you will have to ask permission, and if you are granted that permission (although I'm guessing that you might not be) then you will have to pay for your own ticket to your final destination city. Try to ask in advance, good luck.

Update - I should add this: the organizers will arrange a bus to take you to the train station. At this point, your schools will be informed of your arrival time. If you want to stay in Beijing (you will have to cover accommodation costs) you could call your university and ask them if it's alright for you to attend this international expo. That way, it's an issue that's between your school and yourself without CSC knowing.

• Like 1

Today is the last day to hear back from what I understand. Just wanted to say congratulations to those who received the scholarship and best of luck with your studies in China!

I'll see ya'll in China :P

@c00kies it depends on how much you're willing to pay for the VISA. They have different options at a different fee: "express" (1-2 days), standard and etc. I got the standard one and it took 4 days.

• Like 2

MockCharge

I applied direct to the University (not through the Embassy). I got my acceptance letter through my workplace address, It was sent through DHL. The lady from the University was constantly in touch, updating me on each and every stage of my application. It's a pity I am not taking up this PhD place because I have another Scholarship in U.K. In your case if you applied through the the University, expect the admission letter to be sent direct to the address you gave them. From my experience some Universities are poor at communication, when you write them an email, sometimes they don't even bother to reply

Does anyone know the procedure to get a new JW201 form?

I received the scholarship and applied for an X-visa; however, the people at the embassy informed me that since I had renewed my passport then I should get a new JW201 form as the current JW201 from carries my old passport number. My old passport is stapled to my new one so I don't see what the problem is.

I applied through the embassy for the scholarship. I was admitted by Central South University (admission letter) following 1 year Chinese language at Tongji University. I need to register in Tongji by the 4th September.

Do I need to email the CSC? Do I need to email Tongji? Admins do you have any information?