Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

Hi All:

first of all best wishes to all applicants. is anyone out there who recieved email confirmaiton from zhejiang university. Actually i got acceptence letter from my supervisor and he mailed me on may 19 that he signed a formal application form for me which was sent to him by college. But i still havent got any news from university.

1) What is your native country? Indonesia

2) Where did you apply? Shandong University (Shanda) and Fujian Normal University (Fujian Shida)

3) When did you apply? march 26th 2013

4) When was the deadline? march 30th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes, last year but i didn't get the scholarship

6) What program did you apply for? master degree program in teaching chinese to the speakers of other languages (MTCSOL)

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? for both of the application to shanda and fujian shida, i took each of them as my first preference.

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Shanda agency number for shanda, fujian shida agency number for fujian shida

10) Where did you get your physical done? at my university's clinic

11) How did you get your documents notarized? All documents notarized by my university

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? No I don't have

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? International Office of Shanda has sent me email, said they have recommended me to the CSC Council as a candidate. However, it is still the CSC Council who will finally make the decision. so i have to wait for the final result, which they said will come out around end of June or at the beginning of July.

14) How were you notified? by email today

15) When were you accepted/rejected? still waiting for the final result

16) What school and program were you accepted to? still waiting for the final result

Hopefully all of us will get good news then! wish you all the best:)

• Like 1

@imrannotts

i received an email from International admission last May 22 which states exactly like this:

Dear Scholarship applicants,

Thanks for applying to study at Zhejiang University(ZJU). We are pleased to inform you that we have nominated you as a candidate for Chinese Government Scholarship. The final result will be notified after the evaluation by China Scholarship Council in the end of June or early July.

Since we still have a waiting list to nominate for the scholarship, if you agree to accept this admission offer, please confirm by sending us a email no later than 30th May,2013. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

I don't exactly get your point when you said you received acceptance letter from the supervisor? I was thinking acceptance letter should be sent by the university. Maybe you are implying the PROVISIONAL ACCEPTANCE of a ZJU Professor? I don't know if we have thesame process and by the way are applying for Postgraduate Program? or maybe something else?

Imrannotts, did you apply through an embassy or directly at ZJU? Which agency number did you use? I was nominated by the Chinese embassy in my country. I already had a letter of provisional acceptance by a professor before applying and put it in my application pack. This must be the same letter you've received. Just like you, my correspondence with the University ended there.

When I was awarded a scholarship two years ago, the University (BLCU) didn't contact me at all. I just received the admission letter through the embassy. The admission letter was dated May 30 2011. @Mokangwei don't worry.

Daeiram89, the process might be different for you. I'm glad you've been nominated.

My embassy here in Trinidad and Tobago called me a short while ago to inform me that I got the scholarship. I dont know which school and all the other details, I will post it after I have collected the package.

Best wishes to everyone.

• Like 1

@daeiram89

@@Angelina

Yes i m taking about provisonal acceptance letter. today i email international office ZJU and i got the reply which is:

Dear Sir,

You have been nominated as CSC scholarship candidate this year. Application materials was posted to CSC for final approvement.

Best wishes,

@Angelina I directly applied to ZJU. and used their agency number.

@daeiram . I got this reply when i emailed them and asked them about the status of my application they didn't contact me earlier got their reply in response of my email.

• Like 1

Hello.Can anyone tell me if any university nominate someone and send his name for final approval to CSC then what is the probabilitty to get scholarship..

Thanks

@Dr. Haseeb if u get a nomination from university then in my opinion u r almost certain to get the scholarship i m telling u this bcoz alot of my friends currently studying in china were nominated by uni and non of them were unsuccessful in getting the scholarship.

1) What is your native country? Trinidad and Tobago

2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Trinidad and Tobago

3) When did you apply? April 18 2013

4) When was the deadline? April 20th 2013

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Applied before through my government last year however they wanted me to apply to the school before hand and I decided to withdraw my application. So this is the first time I went all the way by through the embassy which did not make proof of application mandatory

6) What program did you apply for? One year language program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Central China Normal University (CCNU or Huazhong Normal University) ONLY

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 7801 - Embassy of P.R. China in Trinidad and Tobago

10) Where did you get your physical done? Free at a public hospital except I had to pay for the syphilis test (approx $10USD) at a private clinic because the results would've taken too long

11) How did you get your documents notarized? At a Justice of the Peace for my secondary education certificates and two sealed transcripts from my university

Results

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2013.

13) How were you notified? By phone call

14) When were you accepted/rejected? Got the call on June 6th, documents show approval in late May

15) What school and program were you accepted to? Central China Normal University One Year Chinese Language

The details above are the same for my friend who applied for the same program and school. Got the call on the same day and we got similar documents. I chose CCNU (Huazhong Normal) because the OAS Chinese Scholarship guidelines listed Tianjin University, Nanjing Normal University, Shandong University, Beijing Language and Culture University, Huazhong Normal University, Tongji University and Northeast Normal University as universities designated for foundation courses. I believed my chances were better as a Chinese language student at one of those.