Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

ok, it was also Mr. Li Tang who replied most of my inquiries. Did you state in your email you are applicant for Language study? I was thinking maybe there are different list of CSC awardees according to the Program (e.g: undergraduate program, postgraduate program, language program). But if the result is not positive for you this year, you can still re apply. Don't be sad.

@amanda92

I am wondering that as well, the results for my university came out May 31 last year and this year they keep telling me to wait till the end of the month. My CSC application's status also didn't change to checking until the end of May. I wonder what's up.

@Imrannotts

I hope you are fine. I have a Question. In post No. 134 your reply to Dr. Haseeb (Wish u best of luck and congrats in advance i m certain u will get the scholarship.) was very satisfactory. when i saw and read your reply to Dr. Haseeb then i felt really good. After this i think you has any experience through this you can say this with confident, how many percent chances are possible for getting CSC Scholarship 2013 after selection from any university of China?

Thanks.

@hemlock1700

Thankx dear i m fine and I must tell u this is my second time I am applying last year I was unsuccessful in getting the scholarship. I m confident only because of my analysis. Last year four of my friends were nominated by the university and eventually they got the scholarship. To be certain that only university nominees can get the scholarship I requested one of my friend to send me an email which was sent to him by ZJU informing him that he is nominated by university. ZJU cc that email to all the nominees then i compare the cc list to the actual list of successful candidates and found out that not a single candidate nominated by university is missing from that list.

I also asked my friends overthere about the possibilities and they said that CSC just endorsed that list and to allocate funds to that university.

so I m very hopeful for everyone who got nomination emails.

I hope I've answered ur question.

• Like 2

@ imrannotts Thank you for your comments.

It is my 3rd time to apply for csc in 2011 i got nomination from HEC (higher edu Commission in Islamabad) and HEC sent my name to Embassy but unfortunately in final list my name was not there..Last year i applied directly to many universities and none of them nominated me.This year i applied an got nomination from a university.

According to my analysis this year i did 2 online certifications from Harvard Medical university and sent copies of them to university and got nomination.I think previously studied university really matter for selection.

@imrannotts

i agree with your assessment. My Chinese friend who is under CSC Scholarship also told me the same that in China once the student is nominated by the university it is already given with a scholarship slot. The purpose of sending the list of names to CSC was only to make an approval as a grantor and to make the necessary documents needed by the student for registration. This friend already awarded a CSC scholarship twice for his Master's and now PhD and he is always nominated by the university of his choice.

As scholarship aspirants we just need to be optimistic about our results. Few weeks more and June month will soon end and that means waiting is almost over.

@Imrannotts

My friend from D.G Khan applied for renew password. He said near to two month required for renew the password but i am not conform with late fee or urgent fee. i hope it is with late free. If u will pay urgent fee then u will get renew password with in 15-25 days max. for renew password the urgent fee is near to 12,000 n late is 6000. Because fee will be double every time for renew, before fee paid for passport.

@TriniRon

I saw on the news the other day that Xi Jinping made his first ever visit to Trinidad, wonder if the scholarships have any relation. :) Great to see so many people get the scholarship.

@Kanjiology

I wondered the same thing too lol, 4 days after he left they called me. However the competition here is not very high, our Chinese Scholarship quota has been decreased over the years because not much people want to apply, there were 15 (only 5 people applied) in 2011, was reduced to 5 (I believe only 3 applied) in 2012 and 2013 only had 4 but I believe all 4 were used up this year so they may look at increasing the quota once again.

• Like 1