Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

@Heru - it depends who nominates you. If your Chinese embassy does, the you have a high chance being offered the scholarship. If you applied on your own, that might be another story.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I definitely decided to to take the chance as well as I have heard the chinese are looking for good candidates. I won't be leaving for china until 2014 though so I applied early. I'm still going to send my information to the embassy here in DC. I really want the scholarship.

My question though is has anyone received a scholarship regardless of them being past the age limit? I'm hoping I can show them that I am a worthy candidate.

Not true shuoshuo. The Chinese embassy asked my university (Melbourne) to nominate one or two (at most) graduates for the CSC this year. They only chose me. Anyway, my first preference was Nanjing Uni, results came out a couple of days ago and it seems I didn't get the scholarship.

Results for Nanjing Uni: http://hwxy.nju.edu.cn/cn/NoticeDetail.aspx?ID=334

So I don't think nominations or applying through your local embassy or university are any better off than applying directly to the school.

• Like 1

I already got the scholarship, but I'm yet to be notified where I'm going to study.

1) What is your native country? Bulgaria

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Sofia

3) When did you apply? Early January

4) When was the deadline? Mid-January, can't remember the exact date

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? One year language program followed by a Master's degree in International Relations. If they let me, I will skip the language program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Fudan University 2. Nanjing University 3. Beijing Normal University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 10001 if i remember correctly

10) Where did you get your physical done? Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province. Not sure about the exact address, but as far as i remember it was something like 中河中108. March 2013

11) How did you get your documents notarized? My family notarized all the relevant documents.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Once you get in China, i presume :)

Good luck guys, hope to see at least some of you in China, preferably in a first-tier city (Beijing, Shanghai), because I'm bored out of my mind in Hangzhou (:

A friend of mine who came back from the scholarship last year for the masters program was above the age requirement when she applied. So I guess there is a chance to get in.

• Like 1

@ Kanjiology - Yes it's a list for masters and phd students. I applied for a masters of international relations.

@ Xjunior - No I'm sorry but I can't find the list for undergraduates.

@hutudekongfuzi - As far as I know, applications are only rejected if there are missing documents or the applicant doesn't meet the requirement of the universities that accept CSC students. In fact, someone I know from the Chinese embassy told me exactly that - that nobody is rejected if the applicant is nominated by the Chinese embassy. In many countries, the Chinese embassy makes the country's government or an official HIE choose the candidates, the list is then sent to the Chinese embassy. The Chinese embassy in this case, would be the "dispatching authority".

I don't know about Austrialia (I have never met anyone from Australia who was on the CSC) but that's how it works in my country, and that's how it works for many of the other CSC students I met while I was in China. The scholarship is to promote diplomatic relations and stuff, so if CSC can find a university that will accept the applicant, there's no chance they would reject the application.

Okay, so you didn't get Nanjing University...but are you sure you 'didn't get the scholarship'? Many students don't get the university they chose, but they are still granted the scholarship. So I'm sure there's still some hope there. Good luck!

@hutudekongfuzi

The second batch of scholarships still hasn't been announced for that university, I wouldn't give up all hope. You may also be accepted to your second or third choice.

I doubt it, but I'll give it a shot - is anybody in the know if there is any point to send my application to universities other than the three I've chosen in my application? That's to say, my three choices are Fudan, Nanjing and Beijing Normal, so can I get accepted to, say, Beida or Xiamen University if I send them my CSC application?

And some background info: I'm nominated for scholarship by the Chinese embassy in Bulgaria, so I'm definitely going to study in China, but as of now I'm still waiting to be notified where..

• Like 2

My embassy confirmed with me that they sent my documents to XMU, my status is currently checking on the csc website. Do you think I have a good chance of getting the scholarship? I'm so nervous I check the websites everyday but stll no results yet