Chinese-Forums

Please help me work out a recipe - pickled vegetables and soy beef

Sapphy

• New Members

Hello all,

I'm here for some help more than anything. My other half and I really love a dish at our favourite Chinese restaurant, but we're not entirely sure what's in it! We would love to recreate the dish to enjoy at home. Obviously the restaurant would still have our custom, but it would be great to eat at home, too.

The best way I can describe the dish is pickled cabbage, carrots and soy beef which is served cold (from a refrigerator). The vegetables are crunchy in texture. The dish has a sort of sweet and sour taste (although not in sweet and sour sauce) and is in a thin liquid (water consistency) which is light brown in colour. The liquid does contain some sort of oil as this is visible slightly. It also often gives off a lovely heat when on the tongue! Not a spice, but definitely a heat.

I do have a picture of the dish which could help, and I'd really appreciate any suggestions anyone can provide as to what it could consist of. I have spent fruitless hours searching but to no avail.

Thanks for reading and good evening :)

post-51987-0-67767500-1370287888_thumb.jpg