Chinese-Forums

experience with shipping from blcup.com?

Cavesa

So, following advice from this forum, I have started exploring the Chinese language and culture. Despite temporary lack of time, I'm enjoying learning pinyin and the tones even though there is a long road before me to trully master the basic pronunciation of Mandarin. I am using some of the free websites recommended and one of the pinyin apps on ipad.

It is time for me to consider the next step. I'm not in a hurry so I am taking time to look at the options. Both what to learn from and where to get it.

I think a good combination for me could be the NPCR 1 and The Great Wall Chinese 1. I haven't found much about the Great Wall Chinese, do you have any experience with it? I think I will surely need more than one basic resource (which seems to be the NPCR). Or have you tried Assimil Chinese? I got online a copy of Boya and Integrated Chinese but I don't like them much. I suppose Boya could be great later if I get past the true beginner stage.

It looks like the least expensive option would be buying them right from the blcup.com and having them shipped to the Czech Republic (or to a service reshipping them here from Germany as many online shops discriminate newer EU members). Do you have any experience with their services? Have you bought from them? Did the delivery come in time and in good shape?

The delivery fee will be quite high and I only hope to get into the limit to not pay import taxes. But seeing how the courses are several times cheaper there than on the amazons or in bookshops around here makes me wonder.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

I haven't bought from blcup, but if you're in Czech Republic, then you probably got some proficiency German? I find this stockist in Switzerland very good, I bought my "Chinese Breeze" reader and some other stuff there. Prices vary - from amazon-like to (almost ;)) Chinese price:

www.chinabooks.ch

And you can try this search machine if you're looking for a specific book and want to know if someone, anywhere on the world, is selling it at a reduced price currently:

justbooks.de

If you check "English" as the language it also gives you the Chinese results ;)

PS - maybe for general study advice, you'll want to check "Hacking Chinese"?

Thanks, My German sucks (but I'm working on it) but perhaps the site will be in French as well? I'll try.

I have never ordered from shops outside of EU, that's why I'm asking. From what I heard, it is harder to take refunds from third country's shop shoud any trouble arise.

Thanks but the only thing I have in abundance is study advice. The only two things I need are 1.time (need to get rid of exams so I can dive into fun) and 2.diligence (in my case, comes usually with the free time)

• 4 months later...