Chinese-Forums

Efficient movie replaying

JustinJJ

Hi there, when watching a movie e.g. on youku.com when I miss something I like to go back and replay the sentence/section. It's difficult to replay exactly at the beginning of the sentence. Obviously it's easier with audacity to replay, but I can't watch the movie at the same time, only listen to th audio. Does anyone know if it's possible to replay a section in a movie to a precise section (e.g. with software)?

I have found using VLC's slow speed feature super useful to watch fast paced dialog and have a bit more time to read the subtitles and catch the dialog, at least for the first few viewings. Must download the file first of course. With this I need to rewind less often and just try to follow more.

It's a problem I often encounter too, and I don't know any way of replaying a live stream (in a exact manner) either. Download + watch in VLC is so much more convenient.

@tysond - did you find too that the slow speed in VLC can sound a bit distorted at times?

I have some MKVs of 爱情公寓 that distort very little even at the slowest speed. But when I tried it direct from Pirates of the Caribbean DVD I did find it was a bit distorted although bearable. Not sure why.