Chinese-Forums

The Hong Kong Visa Topic

ChTTay

muyongshi, what visa are you on now, and what is your relationship to the company sponsoring your  就业许可证? -- also a bit curious about what industry you'll be working in, but you can skip that if you like.

@Matty, I am on an M visa. The company is in the restaurant industry as a WOFE. They've hired me as their operations manager.

I've finally got somewhat of a lead on the visa notice. My friend got his at the provincial 外事办.

@muyongshi, Ah, I was sorta hoping you were one of the investors, that's been known too make things easier.

I can't even remember which office the 外事办 is now。I didn't need to leave China to switch mine.

It sounds like the 外事办 may be the ones who need to write that you must apply in Hong Kong.

Keep us up to date with if it is, what they require, costs and times. It could help others in the future.

Good luck!

It's probably a good idea to bring the company stamp or stamp photocopies of everything.

If anything needs the ID number from your  就业证, it's not the number in the back, it's something near the front that looks roughly like “北京市。。2015年036” (very roughly).

@muyongshi, Ah, I was sorta hoping you were one of the investors, that's been known too make things easier.

I can't even remember which office the 外事办 is now。I didn't need to leave China to switch mine.

It sounds like the 外事办 may be the ones who need to write that you must apply in Hong Kong.

Keep us up to date with if it is, what they require, costs and times. It could help others in the future.

Good luck!

It's probably a good idea to bring the company stamp or stamp photocopies of everything.

If anything needs the ID number from your  就业证, it's not the number in the back, it's something near the front that looks roughly like “北京市。。2015年036” (very roughly).

• New Members

Hi Everyone,

I have been surfing on the web for some hours and found that this is the most recent forum talking about Z visa notices in Hong Kong. I am about to get one also, I am inside of China working for a Chinese company, they are in contant with an agent which can do all the procedures, however the agent said they will try to apply to make the Z visa in hong kong, however is not a sure thing until the government actually releases the z visa notification.

@muyongshi: it seems you are the one who actually is getting this done via HK. Please let us know the outcome of your procedure for our checkings.

I will share my experiences also in the further days. But I have one question: 

For my personal documents such as working experience certificate, CV and diploma copy, they ask to be certified by a chinese authority, this can be done inside of China, am I right?

@tatowar

For a Z visa, refer to the list of things needed to obtain for the z visa first near the start of this thread. The items you are listing are not required to obtain the visa. These items you will need when you obtain your foreign expert certificate. The company would know better what the local PSB requires so ask them about certifying documents.

• Like 1

So, latest update: I figured out where to get the visa notice which is the paper which will tell me if I can get it done in HK or not. It is through the provincial foreign affairs in CD and in the application I can request where I would like to do it. Of course, I requested HK and will turn in the paperwork on Friday.

Date Of Application- June 8, 2015

Visa Applied- Z 

Status- Granted

Applied-  in Hong Kong

My documents mentioned that I have to apply in Hong Kong. I went on a weekend and arrived at the building around 9:15 am and there were already 90 + people lined up. The line moves very fast. You are checked properly and then take lift to the third floor. Fill a form and then show it to one of the attendants who will check it and give you a token number. I waited and my number came in 30 minutes. The lady officer asked me for my form, passport, HK entry slip, allien employment and visa notification letter. No other document was required. Took only a minute. She gave me a slip and ask me to come back tomorrow at 10 am. Next day went there with my slip paid 500 HKD for express service and got my visa. Please note that there is no same day service. I did not have to go back to my home country to apply for Z visa.

• Like 2

Yes I was there on a weekend to experience the nightlife of Hong Kong but my work started on June 8, Monday. Dear ChTTay I did not hear anything about denial of Z visas in future. I met a gentleman from Shanghai and I think HK is still OK as long as your documents mention HK  to apply for the Visa. My invitation letter was issued in Tianjin. I did a lot of research before going to Hong Kong and this forum was very helpful in particular so felt like to inform the fellow group members about my experience. Oh yes, please do take one passport size picture with you. I do not have anything to complain about and I did not see anybody being harassed by the visa officers. My Nationality is Indian.  

For anyone interested I went to speak to the university where I'll be studying and they had just assumed I'd be going home to sort my visa out. I raised my Hong Kong idea and it went down pretty well with them indicating these would be no problem obtaining a student visa in Hong Kong. According to their special visa lady, student visas are the best type of visa and she dismissed any worries I had about all my previous work visas. Also, I'll be able to pick up my materials in person before my visa runs out, go to Hong Kong, get the visa and come back into new china with time to spare - as in I won't have to wait around in Hong Kong making sure I don't come back in too early.

It's not a work to student visa switch so this might tot be much help for people looking for info on that, sorry. Although she did ask a couple of times why I hadn't got an extension on my work visa, seeming to imply that this would be possible, but nothing concrete.

Obviously things can change and I won't know for certain until I've the thing in my passport so I'll post another update in a couple of months.

• Like 1