Chinese-Forums

Upbeat Chinese Music (HIGH歌!)

tooironic

Let's start a thread recommending the more upbeat Chinese music available (I imagine I'm not the only one sick of the myriad of cheesy ballads on circulation in every Chinese radio and TV show).

Some ones to get us started (you can find their MVs easily on YouTube, Youku, Tudou, etc.):

青鸟飞鱼 - 窝哦 and 怪怪女

群星 - 给力青春

庄心妍 - 一万个舍不得

中国娃娃 - 哥哥妹妹采茶歌

王麟 - 伤不起

凤凰传奇 - 最炫民族风 and 我不是公主

李宇春 - Why Me

花儿乐队 - 嘻唰唰, 奋斗, 范儿, 化蝶飞, 我的果汁分你一半, etc.

阿牛 - 桃花朵朵开

Your suggestions?

Going by your (tooironic's) recommendations, I'm not sure this type of music is typically my style, but I rather like 五月天's 倔强 and I think it'd be right up your street. On the subject of upbeat Chinese music, does anyone know any bands with lyrics in Mandarin whose music could accurately be described as "power pop"?

If Mr A. Lau's 中国人 is not power pop I don't know what is!

That's 5000 years of power for you right there. :P

Or how about 巫启贤 - 我没有钱我不要脸 http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTg4Mjk2MA==.html

Then again despite having exquisite musical taste it's possible I'm misunderstanding what is power pop.

Oh and these are all 10 years out of date! :oops:

I can't believe I didn't think of starting this thread! I'm always dismayed by how sombering the Mandarin tracks are on my MP3 player.

反光镜 is a ska band - doesn't get more upbeat than that.

Or if you want some of that (Taiwanese?) kiddie pop 卓文萱-不要不要

• New Members

I think Mayday五月天 傷心的人別聽慢歌 is a good upbeat song.

And I think mainland China's boyband MIC got pretty good upbeat songs, though their English lyrics doesn't make any sense sometimes.....

Their new release Single Ladies is pretty good even if I don't understand what is with the MV concept and at least the English lyrics makes sense

If Mr A. Lau's 中国人 is not power pop I don't know what is! http://www.youtube.c...sM0��That's 5000 years of power for you right there. :P

Or how about 巫启贤 - 我没有钱我不要脸 http://v.youku.com/v...g4Mjk2MA==.html

Then again despite having exquisite musical taste it's possible I'm misunderstanding what is power pop.

I confess I'm no musicologist myself, but when I think of power pop I'm thinking of bands like Jellyfish, Wildhearts, The Vines, The Feeling, basically anything rocky, upbeat, catchy as hell, and with a Beatles influence. Not exactly what you recommended, but thanks for the recs anyway (I especially like 我没有钱我不要脸, sounds like one to add to my ever-expanding list of songs to 背 for KTV purposes :D).

Oh and these are all 10 years out of date! :oops:

Pfffft. Good music doesn't go out of date.

• Like 1

曹格 - Superman

花儿乐队 - 穷开心 (although they've been mentioned already)

周杰伦 - 牛仔很忙

任賢齊 - 死不了,对面的女孩看过来

张惠妹 - 康定情歌 (very funky version of that song)

农夫 - 话太普通

所谓的俗气民谣我想大概指的是样板歌曲,那些歌根本称不上是民谣啊!哈哈!我不晓得您听过邓丽君的歌曲吗?那些歌现在听起来或许很老派,但是她的唱法很接近中国南方的小调,然后邓丽君大部分的歌曲当中,歌词的部分都很有意境,也就是说她的歌词意念不大会中断或脱序的,加上因为旋律简单歌词隽永,我倒觉得很适合在汉语程度已经要从中阶迈向高阶时来听,并且可以练习让汉语表达能力更加简短精练。我推荐她的:

原乡人

甜蜜蜜

但愿人长久

• Like 1