Chinese-Forums

Help on an email.

Rhinopithecus

• New Members

Hi guys, I'm new to the forums. I was just wondering if anyone can help me a little bit on this introductory email? It's to a scientist - is it too formal/informal? Are there any points that people would reword? Should I be more flattering?

Thanks for your help.

---------

尊敬的xx博士,

我是一个在xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx的研究者。我们正在研究一个有关青藏高原的电视节目。这个节目的重点就是食肉动物;即藏狐,熊,兔狲,藏狼以及雪豹。

我们所想知道的是我们能在哪个地区拍摄这些动物在觅食?我们尤其对有蹄类动物感兴趣,即野牦牛,藏羚羊,藏原羚,盘羊等。

我们希望拍摄的地区如下:

青海省玉树治多县索加乡

野牛沟

可可西里

恳请对方进一步提供关于这些地方的详细?倘使您方便的话, 能不能给我介绍一些研究这些领域的研究者?

非常感谢您的帮助。

此政

敬礼

Tim

I don't know why XX 博士 would entertain your requests. You might wish to tell him / her that you are approaching him/ her because s/he is an expert of this area etc etc. My other observations -

尊敬的xx博士,

我是一个在xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx的研究者 (this is a very european sentence)。我们正在研究 (are you studying a programme or planning a programme? If you are planning one, use 籌備 instead) 一个有关青藏高原的电视节目。这这个节目的重点是食肉动物;即藏狐,熊,兔狲,藏狼以及雪豹。

(Add here why XX 博士 should help you.)

我们想知道的是我们能在哪个地区拍摄这些动物觅食情況 ?(Why the question mark? This is not a question, is it?) 我们尤其对有蹄类动物感兴趣,即野牦牛,藏羚羊,藏原羚,盘羊等(none of these are listed as the focus in the paragraph above. Is something missing?)。

我们希望拍摄的地区如下:

青海省玉树治多县索加乡

野牛沟

可可西里

恳请对方(?? Who is this? If you mean the recipient of this message, consider 可否勞煩您) 进一步提供关于这些地方的详细資料給我們?倘使您方便的话, 能不能给我介绍一些研究这些领域的研究者?

非常感谢您的帮助。

致 (First, there is a typo. Second, I suggest you don't use this format. Use the modern format unless you know what you are doing.)

敬礼

• Like 1