Chinese-Forums

how much does a subway/mcdonalds cost?

civic94

I will be in china soon, and i love subway. how much does a foot-long cost? about 20 rmb?

and how about a big mac meal?

these would be the two places I will most likely go to in terms of american food, while most of the time i will eat at Chinese places.

thanks

Despite how good Chinese food is. If you grew up outside China, there is nothing like getting an occasional meal at your favorite unhealthy fast food joint. I pretty much never eat American food here in China, but that's because I have plently of friends cooking me authentic home meals!

I will say, Subway is also my favorite, but it is quite expensive. About the same price as in American $$ is what you will pay in RMB. Around 40-50 for a footlong meal... My opinion though, its not the same as Subway back home. Taste is subtly but strangely different :conf

• Like 1

Subway is a reasonable choice, and there are daily specials that are taken full advantage of by all my office colleagues.

Mind you they usually split a footlong between two.

Near my office Subway is right next door to a 驴肉 (donkey meat) place, and I have to admit I've developed quite a taste for the donkey meat sandwiches/burgers 驴肉火烧. At those places 20 kuai can get you 2 donkey meat "burgers", a soup and a tall bottle of beer, with a very local feeling.

• 2 months later...