Chinese-Forums

Visas at Private Schools

roddy

Those of you studying Chinese at private schools in China (Beijing and Kunming is where most of you are, I think) – how are you handling your visa? Are these schools able to issue the invitation letters for an X visa yet? If not, how are you coming into the country and how are visa extensions handled?

Hi,

I went to China with a Tourist-Visa, my school then changed it to a Student-Visa although they made me pay the fee for two hours of study in advance plus a "fee" which I never figured out what it was for (600 kuai...)

I think I will go to Hong Kong next time and get a 1-year multi-entry there. It's a little more expensive but not so much hassle with visa-extensions, giving away your passport, etc. Besides that, you get the chance to see a wonderful city ;)

Regards,

diff

I don't know if I understood your post correctly or not, but are you saying that anyone can get a visa in Hong Kong that allows you to stay in China for 1 year?

When I was in Hong Kong I remember seeing 6 month multiple entry visa's that I assume would allow you to stay for a full 6 months. However my memory is foggy and at the time I only wanted a 1 time entry visa so wasn't really paying attention.

Hi everybody! This is my first post...

I'm planning to leave for Beijing next June and stay there for 6 months...I think it'll be better for me to attend a chinese course at a private school, but my concern is the visa. I'd prefer to have not a tourist visa but a student one from here, before I leave...

Is it possible to contact a private school via mail or by phone and make me send the visa somehow???

It's my first time in China and I'm so doubtful about anything...

I don't know if I understood your post correctly or not, but are you saying that anyone can get a visa in Hong Kong that allows you to stay in China for 1 year?

Regulations (as well as prices) vary depending on your citizenship. I think they changed the rules to make it harder for Americans to get this sort of Visa in Hong Kong shortly after the US started fingerprinting everyone going into the States.